Okay, Floh. Here are some suggestions for tutorials.
1) How to get the best from M100's built-in effects and transitions like:
I picked these because they can be edited to varying degrees. While it might be better to use RED to accomplish these effects and transitions, I am curious about how far the built-ins options can be taken and what we might use them for outside of the obvious.
2) Using the built in QuickTime Lens Flare. You are given the option to load other flare types, it seems, but where do you get them from? Or, what can be used as a "flare type"? Do you have to build them? Are there third-party options?
3) Any secrets to effectively using the Composition Clip feature?
4) I still want to know how to use an animated matte in Media 100. It's easy to use a still matte using the Gradient Wipe QuickTime effect. In fact, setting both percentage sliders to 50% allows you to keep the matte on as long as you'd like. There just has be an easy way to use animated matte in the same way. See http://www.freedomfx.com/ if you are not sure what I mean by an animated matte.
5) I haven't had the opportunity to export/import an XML file, but I have heard others say that it is "broken". Is that the case? And if it is broken, is there a workaround. Can this feature work with Premiere as well as Final Cut Pro 7? Is there a way for it to work with Final Cut Pro X?
6] A Color FX tutorial would be great, focusing more on what great effects can be achieved using this tool.
7} Same for Motion Editor.
8) Ditto for the Audio Effects
9) Page 11-30 of the user guide refers to third party product effects. I know that the mentioned Pixelan effects are no longer available for the Mac (although the company has confirmed that they may develop Mac products in the future). What products is this page referring to, past or present, that can be installed in Media 100?
- Is there an easier way to change the Fade In/Out opacity of a clip without going to Edit Suite/Edit Clip/ClipFX? Can it be done interactively on the clip itself? I don't think so, but thought I would ask.
-Sometime I run across clips that, when added to the timeline, don't automatically add Fade In/Out points and the ClipFX Fade In/Out duration cannot be manually added. I also run across clips that you cannot adjust the opacity using the option in the timeline to set fade in and fade out. I simply am unable to add a node and drag it down. I find both instances puzzling. Any explanation?