FORUMS: list search recent posts

sony uvw-1800 tape jam

COW Forums : Media 100 | Media 100 HD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim kelty
sony uvw-1800 tape jam
on Sep 22, 2003 at 9:23:24 pm

I know many of us in this forum use the 1800 and wondered if anyone knows the procedure to eject a jammed tape. The error message is 02-403. Much obliged.

Return to posts index

peter
Re: sony uvw-1800 tape jam
on Sep 22, 2003 at 9:45:22 pm

I don't have one in front of me to go through the steps but this is pretty close.

1. Hook your deck into your monitor so that you can read the menu on screen

2. Navigate to the description that seems to make sense for an error
or jammed tape (sorry for being so vague)
and hit the top arrow button and the left arrow button on the front control of the deck
at the same time . if not the top and left, the top and right.

3. This should bring up a sub-menu where one of the selections is manual eject.
Select it and go through the instructions. You'll have to take the top of the deck
because it will ask if the tape is threaded or unthreaded at one point. Then you hit
yes or no and it'll pop right out.

good luck!

Return to posts index

chris
on Sep 23, 2003 at 11:32:57 am

Take off the lid. On the inside are instructions for step by step diagnostics.

Return to posts index

peter
on Sep 23, 2003 at 1:34:53 pm

That's right, it's under the lid. My instructions were not too accurate, sorry 'bout that.

Return to posts index

Lee McEachern
on Sep 23, 2003 at 2:28:05 pm

I haven't had to do this but I have filed away earlier posts on the problem. Two of them say the following:

-- turn the power off and, while holding down the eject button, turn the power back on. The tape should eject forthwith. Then turn the machine off, unplug it and take it in for service.

or

-- press the menu and left arrow button while you turn the unit on, then follow the directions on screen.

Like I say, these are notes from other people. Don't hold me respsonsible ;->

Return to posts index

Adam Oas
on Sep 26, 2003 at 12:56:22 pm

Firstly, I am not a repair tech for anything leta lone something as complex as a 1800.

But I do have a number of pictures that I took detialing my last delve into the dephths of my Uvw-1800. They may be a good starting point if you want to get the thing out on your own. If you'd like me to e-mail them to you, just let me know. aoas@seren.com

It's not all that tough really. If you open up the case there are a number of gears taht you can move by hand that will help to get a stuck tape out & If I can figure it out, anyone can!

Adam Oas, Media Production
Astound Broadband

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]