FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fixed GFX in 360

COW Forums : VR (Virtual Reality)/360º Video

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie Carr
Fixed GFX in 360
on Jan 30, 2017 at 3:02:56 pm

Hello. Thanks for reading. I'm doing my first 360 video for a client. I'm curious if there's a way to fix a graphic to the screen. As in, have a word or logo be completely locked to the lower right or left corner of the viewer and have the rest of the 360 be behind it. To me it doesn't seem possible, because the whole scene is wrapped to be 360, there's not like an extra layer to put that graphic on.

Curious if anyone has encountered this, or can just flat out tell me it's definitely not possible.

Thanks, Charlie

Return to posts index

Mike Sevigny
Re: Fixed GFX in 360
on Feb 1, 2017 at 10:35:53 pm

Hey Charlie,

Unfortunately I don't think this is possible with video yet. Having a Heads-Up Display (HUD) built into a 360 video would require 2 videos playing at the same time, the rectilinear HUD element and the equirectangular video element behind it. In the future, this could happen on the player side where you would upload an additional element with alpha to be played on top of your 360 video, like subtitles on Youtube. I don't know of any service like that yet.

You could probably create the experience in Unity or Unreal using rendered assets but that's a different workflow.

Mike Sevigny
http://www.torusmedialabs.com

Return to posts index

Charlie Carr
Re: Fixed GFX in 360
on Feb 2, 2017 at 3:14:13 pm

Thanks for the response Mike, I appreciate it. It just didn't seem possible in my mind either. Good to have a second opinion.

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]