FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quicktime 7.1.5

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
McEdit
Quicktime 7.1.5
on Mar 6, 2007 at 9:13:31 pm

My Mac just did a software update behind scenes and apparently downloaded the latest verson of Quicktime 7.1.5
Now no video out from my Kona LHe card Checked View.. Kona Outputs etc.
BTW Mac Pro 2x3GHz Intel FCP 5.1.4

I'm guessing there is a conflict between the latest version of QT & Kona.

Any Idea how to revert back to QT 7.1.3?

Thanks in advance

Stuck!

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Quicktime 7.1.5
on Mar 6, 2007 at 9:38:24 pm

[McEdit] "My Mac just did a software update behind scenes and apparently downloaded the latest verson of Quicktime 7.1.5"

Step 1 - turn that off! I allow Software Update to show me what it has, but then manually select what to download.

As for stepping backwards, really don't have a clue there, but I'm sure someone does.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Mar 6, 2007 at 9:54:18 pm

I would uninstall and then reinstall your Kona drivers first. It'll be a lot easier. Make sure to back up any custom easy setups before doing so.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Mar 6, 2007 at 10:40:33 pm

[McEdit] "My Mac just did a software update behind scenes and apparently downloaded the latest verson of Quicktime 7.1.5 Now no video out from my Kona LHe card Checked View.. Kona Outputs etc. BTW Mac Pro 2x3GHz Intel FCP 5.1.4"

First turn that damn thing off.
then reinstall the 3.3 version of the Kona drivers- 7.1.5 seems to have trashed all 3rd party stuff in FCP - I even needed to reinstall the software frame rate converter for Panasonic HD - and this was written by Apple engineering.

I have found that all of my 3rd party plugins needed to be reinstalled even if there were working in the 5.1.4 / QT7.1.3 builds.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Mar 6, 2007 at 10:56:19 pm

Man, I knew that release was going to be a doozy. If effects how quicktime opens quicktime movies, pics and other media. There's no way that could be good for FCP.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

rarudio
on Mar 27, 2007 at 1:42:17 am

Has there been any change on how QT7.1.5 works with FCP 5.1.4 and Kona 3.3.? Just got an Apple TV but it requires a QT 7.1.5. I'm afraid to install it coz it might create a lot of problem with my Kona/FCP. Thanks for the reply.

Roland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]