FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona LHE

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
forcehere
Kona LHE
on Mar 3, 2007 at 11:49:36 pm

Hi there - I am a serious hobbyist - not a pro (perhaps one day - following my first career)

I have a Mac Pro w/ 3 Gig (X2) 4 mb ram, 2 TB hard drive, Final Cut Studio, Shake, Shuttle Pro 2, etc...

I am using a Sony HDR-HC1...

My question is: Does the Kona LHE offer me any advantages as I am only using firewire (consumer model camera afterall, not SDI)?

While I am not a pro - I am seeking the best possible results...

Thank you for your time and patience....

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Kona LHE
on Mar 4, 2007 at 6:02:59 pm

the only advantage to you, as a hobbyist is to be able to output to your TV at home with composite or component video. But you could monitor thru your camera, by plugging the camera into your TV, and having no tape in your camera.

I would have a completely different answer for you, if you did this for a living, and had to deal with assorted tape formats, and tape delivery formats - but you are having fun at home. You don't need to buy anything else. If you decide to get into this business, and see that people want you to digitize all kinds of different tape formats, and deliver all kinds of different tape formats when you are done - THEN, you will need the Kona.

Good luck to you - you have a better attitude towards this stuff, than many professionals.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

forcehere
Re: Kona LHE
on Mar 5, 2007 at 3:02:51 am

Thank-you Bob for your kind response...I will continue to monitor the posts in these forums as I have learned a great deal from them...should the time come that I take my interests to the next level - I will likely seek your counsel again.

All the best - P

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]