FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aja AVIs to Canopus?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.
Aja AVIs to Canopus?
on Mar 1, 2007 at 7:30:12 am

Hey gang...

I posted this question over on the Xena board a couple of days ago but got no responses... so I'll try it here since we are both Xena and Kona folks...

We are new Aja converts here, but still have a couple of older Canopus suites (DVrexPro and Storm2) that won't be phased out for a little while yet.

I need the suites to "talk" to each other... that is, for each suite to be able to create standard-definition AVIs that are readable by the other suites.

I can now play Canopus AVIs on my Aja machine (after finding/adding the proper Canopus codec to the Aja machine)... but I can't quite go the other way yet.

I was told by some Aja techie that one of the big pluses to Aja is that the AVIs that it captures and creates do not require any proprietary hardware or codec... but I guess that is not actually the case.

When I capture Aja AVIs in my Aja machine, the Canopus machines CAN indeed use them (SOME of the time, but not always), and they look great. But that only applies to the raw captured files, and not with constant success. If I make an Aja AVI within Premiere Pro2, THAT file is NOT usable in the Canopus machine.

Is there an Aja codec floating around out there that I need to install on the Canopus machine? Or anyone know of any other solution? Some people might suggest making other types of files rather than Aja AVIs for use on the Canopus machines, but I have not been able to get good-looking results doing that (they don't look nearly as good as Aja AVIs).

Thanks much,
Todd

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Aja AVIs to Canopus?
on Mar 1, 2007 at 9:58:49 pm

todd

it seems you got an answer in the Xena Forum.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]