FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona LH Downconvert Input

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MTrubac
Kona LH Downconvert Input
on Feb 23, 2007 at 6:17:13 pm

Hi, this is my first post here. I've been lurking for a while but haven't come across this question.

I am trying to capture footage from my Sony FX1 using a Kona LH. I'd like to capture the footage as some type of compressed SD format and then when I get everything cut, recapture as uncompressed sd. I know I could use the DV Downconvert feature on my FX1, but I thought it might be better to bring it in through the kona, then recapture through the kona... just trying to make sure all the timecode stays the same. Maybe this won't end up mattering I haven't tested it...

I did set the timecode offset for capturing video through kona component and timecode/dc through firewire.

so...

i select the easy setup "AJA KONA LH- NTSC 8 Bit to DV" and all seems good. I change my device control to my custom "Firewire Kona" preset containg my timecode offset. I have my FX1 set to output 1080i through the component outs. I open up the log and capture window and see "VTR OK" and have control. I hit play to start logging, but see that the Kona Control Panel has my analog in as a "red" 1080i30. Shouldn't this be 1080i29.97? The frame buffer is 525i29.97 and my analog out is 525i29.97. Everything seems to be working fine, but why would the input be 1080i30?

Also, my HDV footage is upper field first, and the dv presets are set to lower field first. Do I need to change the DV video settings to be upper field? The kona is going to be scaling the fields so does it take care of this on its own?

Return to posts index

MTrubac
Re: Kona LH Downconvert Input
on Feb 23, 2007 at 7:01:21 pm

I'm not sure what I did but I think a combination of changing my secondary format to 1080i29.97, closing and reopening fcp and reselecting my easy setup fixed it. I now have analog in as a green 1080i29.97 with a green line that goes to a downconvert icon. Then from there I have a blue line that goes to the frame buffer which is 525i29.97 YUV-8b (matches my primary format that is set and controlled by FCP. Coming of the frame buffer is a blue line headed to my anlog out at 525i29.97.

I feel better now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]