FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strange Luma issue between Final Cut and Combustion - Please Help!

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
denzel
Strange Luma issue between Final Cut and Combustion - Please Help!
on Feb 9, 2007 at 8:48:54 am

I have done what I am about to explain hundreds of times in the past and this has never never never happened (just not between these specific machines).

1. Render a quicktime out of Final Cut Pro (this QT matches the timeline - as I brought it back in to confirm)
2. Took that quicktime to my combustion machine.
3. Rendered a quicktime out of combustion.
4. Checked the first quicktime against the rendered quicktime on the combustion machine (and they matched PERFECTLY - as they always do).
5. Took this rendered quicktime back to Final Cut Pro machine and stuck it on the timeline...and BAM...the gamma and contrast was off by about 10%.

The quicktime codec I used is irrelevant cos on the same machine they match. But I am working fully uncompressed.

I also tried rendering TIFFs out of combustion and bring them to final cut....the result was the same.

Again I want to say I have done this MANY MANY MANY times before. Not between these machines though (well not the Final Cut Machine)...it has an AJA card (which I haven't had much experience with). It is the only thing that is different and I have no experience with is the AJA card.

Does anyone have any suggestions. As I am completely confused.

Thanks,
Alex.

Return to posts index

Joe Murray
Re: Strange Luma issue between Final Cut and Combustion - Please Help!
on Feb 11, 2007 at 8:15:37 pm

This is a Quicktime problem. I tried retro-grading back to Quicktime version 6 on the graphics computer and that fixed the problem. Of course it creates other problems if you don't have Quicktime 7. If you do a google search for "Final Cut Pro Quicktime gamma shift Mac PC" you'll come up with several threads in this and other forums with speculation and solutions to the problem. If only it hadn't been broken in the first place. But it is what it is, and that is broken.

Joe Murray

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]