FORUMS: list search recent posts

Not Getting max real time on LHe

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Davison
Not Getting max real time on LHe
on Feb 8, 2007 at 10:14:34 am

Im running two systems here - one a G5 Quad with a Blackmagic HD card and an Intel Dual Core with an LHe. The projects are all created on a standard G% with clips digitised using Apples DVCProHD 1080i 50 codec

Why am I getting more real time fx on the G5 with the Blackmagic? When I open a sequence on the Intel I have to render everything. Ive tried easy set ups and changing the sequence to Kona DVC ProHD and it makes no difference.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Not Getting max real time on LHe
on Feb 8, 2007 at 11:03:43 am

[Sean Davison] "When I open a sequence on the Intel I have to render everything. Ive tried easy set ups and changing the sequence to Kona DVC ProHD and it makes no difference."

Sounds like your Sequence settings don't match your clips, or you're set to Safe RT on the Intel box, or your array is slower on the Intel box.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Return to posts index

Sean Davison
on Feb 8, 2007 at 2:03:46 pm

Shouldnt I be set to safe RT? - My Array is a Huge fibrechannel so no speed issues - Ive tried DVCproHD and the KONA DVCProHD settings in sequence set up - They were digitised using a Kona on another (older)system.

Return to posts index

Arniepix
on Feb 8, 2007 at 4:08:00 pm

[Sean Davison] "Ive tried DVCproHD and the KONA DVCProHD settings in sequence set up"

There's more than one DVCPro HD setting. Are you sure your sequence is set to 1080i 50?

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Feb 8, 2007 at 4:34:12 pm

[Arniepix] "There's more than one DVCPro HD setting. Are you sure your sequence is set to 1080i 50?"

It's 1080i/25 in the Kona DVCPro HD presets as this is the true frame rate of 1080i/50. 50 fields / 25 frames per second. AJA goes by frames.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.

Return to posts index

Sean Davison
Re: Not Getting max real time on LHes all the right settings.
on Feb 8, 2007 at 9:47:21 pm

Sorry about the coffee Walter!!!!!

No Im using easy set ups - The sequence settings are right. It seems that my Black magic G5 gives me more realtime than the Intel/Kona
I must have a setting wrong somewhere?

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Not Getting max real time on LHes all the right settings.
on Feb 8, 2007 at 9:51:11 pm

[Sean Davison] "Sorry about the coffee Walter!!!!!"

No problems, it wipes off. The rest of you can catch up on that joke, it's in another forum which shall not be named.

[Sean Davison] "No Im using easy set ups - The sequence settings are right. It seems that my Black magic G5 gives me more realtime than the Intel/Kona
I must have a setting wrong somewhere?"

The only thing I can think of off-hand is the Anamorphic check box. Someone in the FCP forum had activated it for some reason and that should be UN checked. Other than that, I'm not really sure what to suggest.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]