FORUMS: list search recent posts

Very difficult audio with LHe

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gaffney film
Very difficult audio with LHe
on Feb 5, 2007 at 10:05:45 pm

I have spent the better part of the day trying to get decent synced audio into FCP. It sounds like the wrong sample rate with the pops and crackles, but they match everywhere i can find to match them. The sync is as much as +2 seconds off at the the end of a 60 sec capture. It starts between +15 and +30 frames off.

I spoke to AJA support and they are still looking into it. I'm getting behind quickly and was looking for assistance form someone who may have experienced this. Here is my set up.

HDV source tape in Sony HVR m15u. Analog output at 1080i, audio analog out as well.
Audio into line level amp through to Kona XLR analog input on break out box.
Video Into Kona Break out box.
HDV to DV downconvert in deck for firewire NDF deck control in FCP

Kona set up for 1080i 29.97 primary, 525 29.97 secondary, framebuffer at 1080i
Current driver version 3.3 Genlock is set to freerun

FCP set up for kona LH 525 10 bit, 10 bit timeline. Audio output set to Kona LH. Lh out to Digi002 rack alt src input as stand alone mixer.

I have tried 10bit, 8 bit and dv timelines with the componenet input and have the same problem. If i export a self contained quicktime and open it in Kona TV it's still out of sync. That certainly suggests a capture problem.

If I do a simple dv easy setup and capture downconverted by the deck into FCP, it's perfect.

I'm on a macpro dual 3.0 4 gigs ram and the current version of FCS. I have two 500 Gig internal drives striped as one and have a write spped of 119MBs and read at 117MBs.

Thanks,

Vince Gaffney

Return to posts index

gaffney film
Re: Very difficult audio with LHe
on Feb 6, 2007 at 12:02:28 am

It appears that the Kona card has a hard time with downconverting HDV audio. I switched the audio input to capture the DV audio coming form the deck and switched the output to the digi 002r and it's perfect - quality and sync.

vince

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]