FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 5 Freezes

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jandro
FCP 5 Freezes
on Jan 31, 2007 at 1:06:15 am

So I'm whistling away doing some HD editing and about 30 minutes into my session I get that crappy beach ball that won't stop spinning till the end of time. I'll try force quitting FCP but it won't respond. Then nothing begins to respond on my system at all. So I have to force the system to shutdown manually. I did a recent clean install/re-install of the OS and other apps and things seemed to be in order until this problem arose itself. What could it be? Anyway, I've got a Dual 2 Ghz G5 with 5GB of Ram and a Kona 2 card installed. My DVCPRO HD media is stored on an external SATA Raid designed by Pro Max. I'm editing using FCP 5 in OS 10.4.8. The project files are stored on my main internal Hard Drive. Could this be a Kona 2 issue?

I've noticed also that when I start working in FCP things seem to be running a little on the slow side. FCP is taking a little extra time to make changes in the timeline and open up sequences. So, somebody out there please help me. CIAO for now!!!!

Curious Jandro

Return to posts index

Hector
Re: FCP 5 Freezes
on Jan 31, 2007 at 3:42:15 pm

Weird, I seem to be having similar problems, with similiar hardware.

I think I have my problems narrowed down to my raid. Still testing and think it may be my Sonnet card, or a slim chance my Sonnet Fusion enclosure. I tried using the Caldigit forum here, but not to sure if anyone visits there often?

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/228/4?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]