FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Lag coming out of AJA KONA LHe

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Threehead Studios
Video Lag coming out of AJA KONA LHe
on Jan 28, 2007 at 5:48:31 pm

So Im playing a sequance in FCP (easy setup - AJA LH 525 29.97i 8bit ) Im on a mac pro 2.33ghz with 4 GB of ram.
Once i start playing down my video (which is 29.97i) it plays fine on the FCP canvas, however the video, (on 2 video monitors coming out of both the SDI out, and the component out) starts fine but then slowly falls behind the video on the canvas.
To make it clear if I have a sequence with the numbers 1 through 60 running through it over a minute, at 1 second all monitors show 1, but at around 15 the canvas will show 15 and the other 2 monitors will show 12, and the further it goes the more of lag there is.

Ive triple checked my frame rate.

thank you all

Return to posts index

Re: Video Lag coming out of AJA KONA LHe
on Jan 29, 2007 at 2:44:09 am

Have you adjusted you playback offset to zero in the system settings > playback control > frame offset preferences?

Are all of your sequences rendered? What kind of drives and what kind of speed are you getting?

Return to posts index

on Dec 13, 2007 at 5:37:26 am

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same problem. Thanks

Return to posts index

Gus Falconi
on Jan 4, 2008 at 12:14:28 am

Im having the exact same issue

In overall when playing a sequence in the timeline, using an external monitor, the first second is in sync, then the video starts to slow down a few frames and the audio gets heavily out of sync.

This is only happening in the external monitor. The video in the canvas or viewer is in sync.

I have already installed more than 20 Konas LHe and this is a first.

I already tried the following:

- Updating to Leopard
- Formating my Mac Pro
- Installing/Uninstalling Kona Drivers
- Running software update
- Using a different, cable, breakout box, monitor, DVCPRO Deck,

Thanks in advance for your support.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved