FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lost my analog audio from K3 box

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arniepix
Lost my analog audio from K3 box
on Jan 27, 2007 at 3:53:22 am

Had a couple of hard crashes this evening (after AJA tech support had gone home for the weekend- lucky dogs!), and suddenly I'm not getting analog audio out from the K box on my Kona 3.

Audio meters in FCP are bouncing, & audio is going to our Panny monitor via the SDI cable. We're also getting audio out of the Mac to the mixer from i Tunes & QT, and if I set the audio in FCP to built-in audio, it plays out to the speakers as well.

I've swapped out cables & tried other inputs on the mixer to see if they were the problem, but still no joy in Mudville. I've also checked that analog video is going out through the K-box, it's only the audio thats missing.

BTW, Playing a file in Kona TV gives the same results.

We're using a G5 Quad with 4.5 GB of memory, running FCP 5.1.2, OS 10.4.8 & the latest Kona drivers, QT, etc.

The 1st crashed occurred while I was making a big composite in Motion. 4 tiff sequences at 720, 6 large tiffs as back plates, 1 layer of DVC Pro HD, 3 keys a couple of blurs, a little color effect... FCP was open in the background. The 2nd occurred not long after I rebooted, this time wile I was looking using Preview for a couple of pictures to use in a comp while FCP was rendering the above comp and Motion was open in the BG. I'll admit, I was as good as asking for the 2nd crash.

Arnie

Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman

http://www.arniepix.com/blog

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Lost my analog audio from K3 box
on Jan 27, 2007 at 10:08:03 pm

I am not in front of a system -
go to Audio/Video Settings, and select the last tab (Playback) and make sure
that a Kona preset is selected, not internal audio.

If there are no Kona presets, reload your Kona drivers, and try again. If there still are no Kona presets after doing this, trash your FCP preferences, and load the Kona drivers again.

You can also forget FCP, and just run your VTR into your Kona (if you have a DVCProHD VTR for example) - using the Kona Control Panel. You should be able to hear your audio right away from this application, as long as you have embedded audio chosen on your INPUT tab. If it's selected to AES, and you have no AES audio going into your K3 box, you aint' gonna hear nothing.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Arniepix
on Jan 28, 2007 at 5:27:09 am

Thanks, Bob, but I already toggled those audio settings in FCP. And the embedded audio is working fine, it's the analog from the K3 box to the mixer that we're missing.

Arnie

Return to posts index

Harley Michailuck
on Jan 27, 2007 at 10:19:57 pm

[Arniepix] "suddenly I'm not getting analog audio out from the K box on my Kona 3."

If you haven't got the problem fixed yet, you might want to try reversing the cable connection ends between the card and the K3 Box. Had the same problem with a K2 Box and reversing the connections fixed it... don't even know if it's even possible to switch the ends on the K3 as I don't have one.

Best,
Harley

Harley Michailuck
Brass Orchid Post fx
Saskatoon, SK Canada

http://www.brassorchid.com

Return to posts index

Arniepix
on Jan 28, 2007 at 5:28:37 am

I'll try reversing the cable on Monday, when I get back to the studio, & post back on if it works or not.

Arnie

Return to posts index

Sam Zimman
on Jan 29, 2007 at 3:00:11 pm

it could just be broken. mine broke and AJA was really nice about the warrenty and RMA.

Return to posts index

Arniepix
Re: it seems to have fixed itself
on Jan 29, 2007 at 3:33:52 pm

Well, I suppose that the weekend's rest was all the Kona needed.

This morning, I started up the system, and opened the project in FCP. Still no analog, Same with Kona TV.

Then I opened the Kona control panel. In the control panel, I toggled the audio from channels 1&2 to channels 3&4. No change. Back to 1&2, and SHAZAM!! the aduio is magically back.

When I did the same thing on Friday, there was no change. Go figure.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]