FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona 3 Freezing

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
santellavision
Kona 3 Freezing
on Jan 26, 2007 at 4:32:19 am

First off, thank you all for the help. This site is priceless.

OK, Here's the issue. I'm trying to to get a DVCPRO HD 720 FCP timeline to down-converted through the KONA 3 analog component outputs to my BetaSP deck. I can see video on the Component outs, but the video freezes when I hit 'Play'. It throws up an updated freeze frame everytime I hit stop. Why is this happening?

Anybody know why?

Ernie Santella
Santella Film/Video Productions
http://www.santellaproductions.com

Return to posts index

JeremyG
Re: Kona 3 Freezing
on Jan 26, 2007 at 5:01:15 am

Did you follow these steps?.....:

[JeremyG] "Select the HD easy setup (control-q) within FCP so that the frame buffer is correct (in your case 720p). Now, open the Kona control panel and control click the output that you want to send the down convert to (SDI, SDI2 OR ANALOG). When you control click you will see a drop down menu, and in the secondary section select the SD format you need (ie 525i 29.97 or whatever). FCP should be in HD mode, and the control panel takes care of the rest."

First, it appears if you are using the generic DVCPro HD 30p easy setup, which is for firewire use only. You need to use the AJA Kona3 720p30 DVCPRO HD Varicam setup If you don't see it select the 'show all' checkbox in the easy setup dialog box by hitting control-q and then check the show all box in the top right corner. It might say 29.97 instead of 30. Come to think of it, I am not sure if the Kona easy setups have a 30p preset, you might have to make one. At any rate, choose the AJA KONA setup, and then follow the steps I quoted above. If you need help in making a new easy setup, post back. I usually work in 60 or 24p so I am not sure in 30p is 'built in' to the presets.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

santellavision
Re: Kona 3 Freezing
on Jan 26, 2007 at 5:03:20 am

Fixed! But not after a bunch of brain-damage.

The problem turned out to be I was selecting under View: 525i/29.97 instead of 720p/59.94. I was thinking it had to be set for SD instead of HD. All is fine and down-converting beautifully!

Ernie Santella
Santella Film/Video Productions
http://www.santellaproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]