FORUMS: list search recent posts

Settings, workflow for Konal LHe & MacPro w/ BD-HD50

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Parker
Settings, workflow for Konal LHe & MacPro w/ BD-HD50
on Jan 25, 2007 at 3:01:17 pm

I've finally got my system configured to use this card and I figured out how to Print to Video, but I can't figure out how to monitor what I've recorded in HDV. My monitor only has one input for component and that's now taken up by my Kona Out. I can only use my S-video out from the BR-HD50 for monitoring what I've recorded to the deck.

Right now, I have the Kona component cables labelled In going to the component Output of my monitor (Sony PVM 14L5) and the Kona component cables labelled Out going to the component Input of my monitor. I set the Easy Set Up in FCP to Kona LH HDV Playback 720p. Does that sound right? Is there another way to set this up so that I don't have to monitor what I've recorded in composite SD?

I hope this isn't too confusing. Thanks for any response I can get.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Settings, workflow for Konal LHe & MacPro w/ BD-HD50
on Jan 27, 2007 at 10:13:47 pm

this is not confusing at all. You want to monitor everything in component, and you don't have enough inputs. Welcome to everyone's problem. As you expand, and buy more toys, it will become more and more difficult to figure out how to plug all this stuff in - from one machine to another. You have 3 choices -
1) video patch bays
2) video routers (more expensive)
3) buy a dedicated component monitor just for your VTR (no one would do this).

"But isn't there a cheap way to hook up all this equipment exactly the way I want" -
NO !

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]