FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can the Kona LH card be hooked up wth the I/O?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shaon Reed
Can the Kona LH card be hooked up wth the I/O?
on Jan 24, 2007 at 8:15:26 pm

May be a funny question here, but. I have devices already hooked to a AJA I/O and now moving to ad HD with the Kona LH card and break out box. Can the devices hooked up loop through the I/O to the Kona's break out box and everything still work properly?

Return to posts index

JeremyG
Re: Can the Kona LH card be hooked up wth the I/O?
on Jan 24, 2007 at 10:18:42 pm

Sure! My question to you is why and how? All you need to do is send the KOna either the digital SDI feed for analog feeds and away you go. You might have to use the IO control panel to select certain ins and outs, but you can use both on the same computer if you want to.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jan 24, 2007 at 10:53:05 pm

Jeremy is correct, and correct in asking why.
The Kona LH does composite, component, SDI and HD-SDI (the only thing it doesn't do is upconvert SDI to HD-SDI). So you absolutely can use the I/O as a converter to bring a Beta VTR (for example) thru the I/O and into the SDI input of the Kona LH - but you can do this just with the Kona LH (and not use the I/O at all).

If you want to UPCONVERT to HD, you can't use the LH - you must use the Kona 3, and for this, the I/O is perfect.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Shaon Reed
on Jan 25, 2007 at 5:21:17 pm

Yes, I eventually came to the same asnwer of "why would I want to do that?" I was mainly trying to deteremine if there was any reason to keep the I/O in the loop and that is very good to know about upconverting through it to a Kona 3. Thanks guys for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]