FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capturing at 4:2:2:4 (RGBA) dual link possible with the Kona 3 or Xena?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Powell
Capturing at 4:2:2:4 (RGBA) dual link possible with the Kona 3 or Xena?
on Jan 21, 2007 at 10:16:15 pm

Well, I actually already know that it is through various parnters of AJA, such as Drastic Technologies and Specsoft, which both adds some great functionality to the boards. But I'm wondering if anyone knows of any other options, or some hidden feature in the capture software that comes with it, that I dont' know about.

For a project I need to capture the HD-SDI, key and fill outputs of an HD Ultimatte, into a dual link board. The signals are RGB 4:2:2 and Alpha 4:0:0. As I undertand it, any 444 board can do this, it's just that the application is so rare, only a few folks out there have bothered to write code for it.

Any format will do, Quicktime, TIF, DPX etc. Other than the companies I mentioned above, does anyone know of any other areas for me to investigate? Thanks.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Capturing at 4:2:2:4 (RGBA) dual link possible with the Kona 3 or Xena?
on Jan 25, 2007 at 3:06:52 pm

[Philip Powell] "For a project I need to capture the HD-SDI, key and fill outputs of an HD Ultimatte, into a dual link board. The signals are RGB 4:2:2 and Alpha 4:0:0. As I undertand it, any 444 board can do this, it's just that the application is so rare, only a few folks out there have bothered to write code for it."

it took me a couple of days to get this answer.

AJA offers a free capture app to do this called VTR Exchange on Mac or Machina for the Xena systems-.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]