FORUMS: list search recent posts

aspect ratio?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Davison
aspect ratio?
on Jan 20, 2007 at 7:43:16 pm

Im looking for a plug in that will ARC a 4.3 Upconverted image (converted via HD Deck) to HD aspect
I know you can do it in the motion tab but I need haa good high quality plug in that I can drop onto a clip - most 2d plug ins seem to degrade the picture too much. - love t

Return to posts index

David Battistella
Re: aspect ratio?
on Jan 20, 2007 at 9:00:02 pm

Compressor might be the best thing to do this job.

Read about it on proapptips.com

http://proapptips.com/tips/index.php?topic=Compressor

david

Peace and Love :)

Return to posts index

Sean Davison
on Jan 20, 2007 at 10:04:34 pm

thanks - I need more of a plug in as its for Onlining so I need to apply the plug in to the timeline directly

Return to posts index

David Battistella
on Jan 21, 2007 at 4:38:06 am

Sean the best way to do this efficently is to use FCP. Make sure the scaling/render quality is set to best inteh sequence settings.

Set the ratio's perfectly for one clip and then copy the attributes and paste them into what ever other clip that needs to be affected in teh timeline.

I am not aware of a plugin that does an upconvert for FCP. Just drop the 4x3 clip in the timeline and scale it to fit to the frame.

Depending on your SD source you may want to use a combination of filters from nattress.com to clean up the image a bit before the blow-up. I know Graeme had a DV to HD upconverter in the works but I am not sure it is available yet. If you e-mail him he can probably suggest a good combination of filters to apply before the blow up.

On the compressor side of things. Compressor uses the Optical FLow technology that is built in to Apple Shake. This is the cleanest way to remove motion artifacts an ensure that the image is being treated with "kid gloves". Optical flow technology alows for very clean conversions from 59.94Interlaced material to 23.98 Progressive frames. That is one of the most demanding conversions out there.

David

Peace and Love :)

Return to posts index

Sean Davison
on Jan 21, 2007 at 5:54:15 pm

Thanks David

The problem I have is that Im working on a timeline of over 600 clips - 50% HD 50% archive from as far back as the 1940s!

The offline editors have used loads of picture resizes and zooms done in the motion tab - by dropping a Motion tab Arc onto the clip I blow away all the motion attributes the offline editors done (they never Arc the footage)
So a motion tab is out - I need a high quality HD plugin. ( I have tried it using Cgm 2d plug in resizing and distorting but theres a real loss of quality)

Ill e mail Graeme.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]