FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona LHe and Combustion 4

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gaffney film
Kona LHe and Combustion 4
on Jan 18, 2007 at 12:42:30 am

The output to my client monitor from combustion is very yellow. White text shows as yellow. If I make the text red, it displays green. The colors in Final Cut look perfect. I've messed with setting s for most of the afternoon and nothing changes. Ideas?

vince

Return to posts index

ronnyron
Re: Kona LHe and Combustion 4
on Jan 18, 2007 at 5:51:32 pm

Try trashing the Combustion preferences. Unfortunately I'm still using C3 and Kona LH, so I'm probably of no help, but I've never had an output problem from Combustion.

Ron

Return to posts index

gaffney film
on Jan 18, 2007 at 5:55:49 pm

thanks, i tried that. i never had a problem with my G5 and decklink card with C4. i'm sure it's some little thing i'm overlooking. i spoke to autodesk as well. they were no help.

vince

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Jan 18, 2007 at 6:09:45 pm

I am not familiar with combustion, but to me it sounds like an RGB issue. Is your monitor set to RGB? Are you outputting RGB? Is the Kona set for RGB when it shouldn't be?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

gaffney film
on Jan 18, 2007 at 6:50:37 pm

it sure seems like it RGB related. the kona is set to auto for rgb to yuv conversion. the channels in the text control of C4 are RGBA. no YUV available. i can't figure it out.

thanks,

vince

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Jan 18, 2007 at 7:32:03 pm

Have you set your monitor to RGB mode and see what it looks like then? DO you have the latest drivers from the website (not the install CD)? Have you called AJA?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

gaffney film
on Jan 18, 2007 at 7:41:17 pm

Jeremy

I set the monitor to rgb and it looks the same. i have the latest drivers and i have called AJA. The tech guy was baffled and was going to ask around. I'm waiting to hear something back. It's just one of those things that makes me nuts. thanks for you help.

vince

Return to posts index

gaffney film
on Jan 18, 2007 at 7:53:22 pm

so, i just found a topic at autodesk, it's C4 not sending blue to the frame buffer. there was a fix provided to a guy in early december which has not been posted yet. you'd think they might post that sooner than later.

vince

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Jan 18, 2007 at 8:28:40 pm

Hmm, glad you found the problem. Sorry I didn't have the answer for you, but looking at the bright side, at least your Kona card is working.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

ronnyron
on Jan 18, 2007 at 7:53:49 pm

I'll leave all of the high-tech technical stuff to the pros, but did you confirm you're using the correct framebuffer setting in the preferences?

Return to posts index

gaffney film
on Jan 18, 2007 at 8:12:57 pm

yes i did. i tried several. it appears it is a combustion bug.

thanks

vince

Return to posts index

dave garcia
on Jan 20, 2007 at 4:07:52 pm

I have noticed this problem when using Combustion with an IO, but C4 with my Kona LH works fine. My LH is on a dual 2ghz G5, but I used the IO with my intel based Macbook Pro. That's the only difference I can think of.

Dave

Return to posts index

gaffney film
on Jan 20, 2007 at 6:21:55 pm

it eorks perfectly with the LHe under Rosetta. There was a post on the C4 website that indicated a code problem in the intel part of the the program. there is a fix, but it is not posted at autodesk as of yet.

vince

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]