FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDV Workflow Question For Capturing

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TimCole
HDV Workflow Question For Capturing
on Jan 12, 2007 at 12:04:56 pm

Hi All,

I am about to start a new wedding project and I am using my LHe Kona for the first time to capture for output to a dvd. I want to know your best settings for capturing with LHe in FCP with my Z1 Sony? I will be capturing in 1080i and I would like to know which DVCPRO HD format to use with the best DVD end result. I have a totally new Caldigit Duo 500 GB raid as a scratch disk the can capture up to 140 mbs as most of you already know. Your help would be appreciated

Thank you Tim C.
Mac Quad, 3.5 GB memory

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: HDV Workflow Question For Capturing
on Jan 12, 2007 at 1:26:52 pm

If you're going to capture to the DVCPro HD codec, simply choose the Easy Setup that matches your tape format. I.e. if you shot 1080i/60 then choose the AJA Kona DVCPro HD 1080i/29.97 Easy Setup as that is the true frame rate of 1080i/60.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jan 13, 2007 at 4:35:55 pm

Tim -
as a wedding shooter, you should be proud of the excellent equipment that you own, and you are a standard that other wedding and event photographers should follow. There is no excuse for people in your business to use crap equipment.

You are a pro, and you have great gear to back it up.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

TimCole
on Jan 13, 2007 at 7:34:22 pm

Hi
Thank you Bob for you kind words, and yes I am very fortunate to have the best tools work with as far as for what I am producing. You know a few people are too cheap to pay for a quality product to shoot weddings for them. I want to provide the best quality of footage available, and having the top of the line equipment is very helpful! Thanks Tim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]