FORUMS: list search recent posts

Odd Problem with LHe

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Jenkins
Odd Problem with LHe
on Jan 10, 2007 at 4:50:31 am

If we have close to a full frame of white our LHe card will blink on and off thought the HD component output to out LCD monitor. The SD output is fine. We saw this with some footage that was around 100 ire. So we started testing with the whitest crayon (Snow) on a Matte color. The same problem happened until we crop a portion of the white away and the problem stops. Very odd, anyone else seen this? We have a call into AJA.

Thanks Dave

Return to posts index

JeremyG
Re: Odd Problem with LHe
on Jan 10, 2007 at 7:29:16 am

What codec?

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
on Jan 10, 2007 at 5:10:55 pm

XDCAM HD

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Jan 10, 2007 at 5:17:30 pm

I have not seen your particular problem, but there seems to be some different things happening with FCP and bright whites. I had another problem before that involved bright whites and scaling. AJA said it was an FCP rendering problem and advised me to put on the desaturation filter and turn it to -100. See if that works for you.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Tom Brooks
on Jan 11, 2007 at 7:23:14 pm

Jeremy,
We had the problem with vertical jitters on white content. It went away when we updated Kona LHe software to V3.3. No problem now on the clips--no recapture, they just work now. I guess it must have been corruption in prefs or maybe some sort of software version problem, but anyhow V3.3 fixed it.
-Tom

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
on Jan 13, 2007 at 5:48:58 pm

we tried 3.3 and there was no change. Were going to test another HD LCD.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]