FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final question before purchase of Kona LHe

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gaffney film
Final question before purchase of Kona LHe
on Jan 8, 2007 at 4:07:52 pm

I just want to be certain I have this workflow correct before I purchase my Kona LHe. I will be working in 10bit uncompressed SD. The source material will include d-beta, dv50 and HDV. The HDV is where I need to be certain. The deck is a Sony HVR- 15MU. Final Cut 5.1.2. Separate Audio

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Final question before purchase of Kona LHe
on Jan 8, 2007 at 11:26:58 pm

I am confused by your post. You want to work in 10 bit uncompressed SD. Your HVRM-15 will allow you to downconvert right in the VTR to output analog component Standard Def video, if you are working in uncompressed SD. Why would you want to bring in a HD 1080i HDV codec signal into a standard def project, when the VTR will take care of all of this for you ? The same would apply even on an AVID Adrenaline system. Why go in firewire HD, when you can avoid all the aggrivation by inputting a SD analog component signal (with analog audio). You did say that your project is 10bit uncompressed SD, not HD - correct ?

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

gaffney film
on Jan 9, 2007 at 1:19:02 am

sorry for the confusion. the deck outputs downconverted hdv to 720 x480 smpte not 720x486. i'd like the HDV footage to come in downconverted to 720x486 edge cropped. i assume that i can do that down convert with the component input on the kona card so i'm not going from HDV to 720x480 in the deck then to 720 x486 with the card. the d-beta is already 720x486. the dv50 wil get captured to 720x486 via sdi. the only thing i want via f/w is t.c. and deck control while i capture the HDV footage component through the Kona card at 720x486 if that's possible. does that make better sense? i just want everything the same pixel dimension when it gets in the system.

thanks, vince

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Jan 9, 2007 at 1:33:15 am

[gaffney film] " the only thing i want via f/w is t.c. and deck control while i capture the HDV footage component through the Kona card at 720x486 if that's possible."

Yep, it's possible.

http://www.aja.com/pdf/support/AJA_whitepaper_HDV.pdf

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jan 9, 2007 at 1:35:45 am

[gaffney film] "the only thing i want via f/w is t.c. and deck control while i capture the HDV footage component through the Kona card at 720x486 if that's possible. does that make better sense? i just want everything the same pixel dimension when it gets in the system."

Yep, we do that with our Sony 15U HDV deck. You need to set the deck to DV via Firewire because FCP will not allow you to control the deck in HDV mode.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Return to posts index

gaffney film
on Jan 9, 2007 at 1:56:59 am

thanks

Return to posts index

gaffney film
on Jan 9, 2007 at 10:33:55 pm

i ordered a new mac pro system today and a kona LHe and want to thank those whom offered their knowledge and time.

thanks

vince

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jan 9, 2007 at 11:54:04 pm

[gaffney film] "i ordered a new mac pro system today and a kona LHe and want to thank those whom offered their knowledge and time."

Good luck with the install and know we're here to help any way we can!

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]