FORUMS: list search recent posts

doesn't anyone buy the AJA I/O anymore ?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zelin
doesn't anyone buy the AJA I/O anymore ?
on Jan 7, 2007 at 3:15:27 pm

I LOVE the AJA I/O product line, but there are hardly any posts on the I/O forum. It is that it's so simple to install, that it's self explanitory, or is everyone buying Kona cards only, and forgetting about the I/O ?

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Bart Harrison
Re: doesn't anyone buy the AJA I/O anymore ?
on Jan 7, 2007 at 4:14:39 pm

Many of my customers are now using them as transcoder boxes for their Kona 2/3 cards.

Bart

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Bart Harrison
MPA - The HD Suite

America's VAR
TurnKey Editing Systems, Storage Area Networks
HD Consulting, Production & Post, Exhibition & Distribution
http://www.hdsuite.com
954-894-1221

Return to posts index

sacci
on Jan 7, 2007 at 5:49:24 pm

I just bought one off of ebay for that prupose, I master HD timelines to DBeta offsite and I have been lugging my G5 quad with a Kona3 card in it to another site. I now plan to let the Kona3 down convert to my laptop with the Io and then just take my laptop across town.

Bart is there any software that can turn my laptop into a virtual deck or are people just doing a capture now in FCP?

Return to posts index

ssmith3
on Jan 11, 2007 at 6:01:21 pm

Sacci,

I'm not Bart, but there is some interesting new software coming out called Scopebox (http://www.scopebox.com/). It can be used as a video capture program, but it's main purpose is to be a realtime waveform monitor, vectorscope, and audio monitor on your mac. Supposed to work well on mac laptops, and be decent as a capture program.

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Jan 7, 2007 at 9:30:02 pm

I'm sure, that a lot of folks if they are buying new gear, are buying HD capable equipment, BUT your post is a testament to the io as it's a great product that just works with very little maintenance.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Jan 8, 2007 at 2:36:37 pm

I've got a Kona3 and an I/O on the same machine and use both every day. No problems with either hence no posts. They just work.
Tom

Return to posts index

ronnyron
on Jan 9, 2007 at 12:20:17 am

Just installed an IO for an new LH setup. Like my IO/LA unit, I haven't heard a "peep" out of it.
Both used to route analog in and out of LH and other equipment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]