FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export to Quicktime Format Conversion

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jpirizarry
Export to Quicktime Format Conversion
on Jan 2, 2007 at 4:50:51 pm

I'm triyng to down convert a 720p 60p project to DigiBeta SD. I need to export a quicktime so I can put the files in a hard drive and take it to a shop where they have the Digi Beta Deck. I can't just downconvert using the Kona Control Panel because I don't have de digibeta deck, and when I try using the export to quicktime in FCP the downconvertion doesn'y work properly. The aspect ratio looks bad, and I don't know how to fix it. I also don't know which is the best setting for exporting to Digi Beta SD. Any help with this issue, would be very appreciated.

Return to posts index

David Battistella
Re: Export to Quicktime Format Conversion
on Jan 2, 2007 at 7:46:19 pm

try this.

Create a sequence that is in the SD codec you want to output.

Drop your HD sequence into that sequence.

Render it and watch it in the SD codec.

Media Manage the rendered sequence including render files to firewire drive for delivery to the output shop.

David

Peace and Love :)

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jan 2, 2007 at 8:11:51 pm

[David Battistella] "Create a sequence that is in the SD codec you want to output."

BTW, that should probably be 8-bit uncompressed, as D-beta is 8-bit.

DRW

Return to posts index

Leigh Jewell
on Jan 2, 2007 at 9:04:55 pm

Actually, Digibeta is 10bit.

Leigh

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jan 2, 2007 at 9:13:28 pm

Humm, I thought it was 10-bit, but someone on the FCP Forum argued a few months back that it was 8-bit. Are you certain Leigh?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Nevermind Leigh
on Jan 2, 2007 at 9:15:14 pm

You are correct, D-beta is 10-bit.

Return to posts index

David Battistella
Re: Nevermind Leigh
on Jan 2, 2007 at 11:13:39 pm

I will add this.

HD and SD are in different color spaces so you might want to do your color correction in the 10-bit UC sequnce. Also, The firewire drive should be at least FW 800 to be able to play back that SD content.

I would also suggest that your footage will look great at DVC PRO50. Remember this was panasonics answer to D-Beta and I have output several DV50 sequences that look great. The Panasonic codecs look great when going between them and you wont miss the six lines because the SD will be letterboxed anyway. There is no doubt the DV50 will output from FW drives.

David

Peace and Love :)

Return to posts index

jpirizarry
on Jan 4, 2007 at 12:27:17 am

Thanks a lot. You guys are the best! 10 Bit worked fine. Next time I'll try DV50 to see how it looks.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bernstein
on Jan 9, 2007 at 10:49:34 am

You are both right. The Digi-Beta Camcorders are actually 8-bit, whereas the studio recorders are 10-bit. Crazy, isn't it?

Speaking of 10-bit, did anyone catch that Panasonic's upcoming AVCHD format has a high-quality 10-bit mode?

Jeff Bernstein

Digital Desktop Consulting
Apple Pro Video VAR
XSAN Certified

323-653-7611

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]