FORUMS: list search recent posts

color management for OSX, AE & FCP

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mykul
color management for OSX, AE & FCP
on Dec 15, 2006 at 1:51:38 am

I have been trying to solve a long running color management issue round tripping from AE to FCP and general HD and SD monitoring from FCP via Kona LHe. I am using a Kona LHe on a quad G5 with 2x23inch monitors and I am using a 17 inch JVC HD CRT with component inputs for monitoring. I am in a PAL country and running FCP 5.0.4 with OSX 10.4 and AE 7.0. Is there a foolproof way to manage color issues and black/white levels between these devices. I recently read a very good article by trish and chris meyer on clamping 4:2:2 to RGB (and vice versa), using levels in AE to fix the 16-235 issue on both input and output (it is on DV.com). It did help but no combination will work at this moment to have the same video levels from AE back into FCP. I have tried RGB and YCrCb codecs in many combinations and my frustration has reached a level now to beg you guys and gals for help. Could this be an issue with the monitor colour settings in the control panels? Does that affect the output of the AJA or rendering in these programs? In several setups in final cut, the output is dark when paused but brighter when playing and in other instances, all of the footage looks washed out. I am assuming the problem could be fixed in one (or all) of four places: FCP, OSX, AJA LHe or AE. Any general advice on these issues would be greatly apreciated as I am sure that I am not alone in this confusion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]