FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona LH video out problems

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jamie Mac
Kona LH video out problems
on Dec 9, 2006 at 7:47:11 pm

I'm having problems seeing video on my external domestic tv via composite. One strange thing is that if i use motion, everything is fine. I can see everything on the tv just as you would expect. It's just not working for FCP. For example i'm using the KONA LH - PAL 8 Bit to DVCPro easy setup. I do not know what my default kona output should be? Any pointers in the right direction would be gratefully received. Cheers

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Kona LH video out problems
on Dec 9, 2006 at 8:24:32 pm

Open your Kona Control Panel (close FCP). Go to the CONTROL TAB, and select a test pattern like Color Bars. Go to the Analog tab, and select COMPOSITE for the video output. Take your Out Y cable, and stick this into your TV.
You should see a color bar signal on your consumer TV, if you have VIDEO IN, or LINE IN selected on your TV.

Bob ZElin

Return to posts index

Jamie Mac
on Dec 9, 2006 at 11:08:08 pm

Thank you for your reply. Yes, i can see colour bars on my TV. But the problem is when i launch FCP the tv is not updating with what i'm seeing on my timeline. It's stays on colour bars. Cheers

Return to posts index

David Smith
on Dec 10, 2006 at 5:05:46 am

Jamie,

Go to the View menu in Final Cut. Choose External Video (near the bottom) and make sure it's set to All Frames. FCP has a nasty habit of resetting that menu to Off when you change A/V settings.

Return to posts index

Jamie Mac
on Dec 10, 2006 at 9:36:34 am

Cheers David, that was the answer. All running well again. Thanks.

Return to posts index

ronnyron
on Dec 10, 2006 at 1:27:53 pm

Also keep in mind, If you're going back and forth from FCP to Motion, or any other effects app that uses external monitors, you may also need to toggle the external view option for FCP to regain control of the monitor--- FYI.

Ron

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]