FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona 3 - extra pieces

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
edit
Kona 3 - extra pieces
by
on Dec 8, 2006 at 5:51:56 pm

I am migrating to the Kona 3 from a Cinewave RT system.

My Cinewave is plugged into my edit suite as follows:

- Composite to Switcher and Scope

- Component to UVW 1800 Betacam SP

- SVHS to NTSC PVW19" Sony monitor

- Composite sync in from House Sync

What extra do I need to order to be able to just exchange Plugs?

I know AJA has bunches of converter boxes, will I need them to replicate what I have.

Your help is appreciated.

Return to posts index

Don Wilson
Re: Kona 3 - extra pieces
on Dec 8, 2006 at 11:05:50 pm

Well, the Kona is RGB out for monitoring and SDI out for everything else. There is a way to get composite out of it but why? The HD/SD RGB coming out of the BOB is fantastic for monitoring to a compatible monitor or Plasma/LCD etc. If your devices (the switcher?) will not accept either RGB or SDI then it's obvious you'll need converters to do so and they can tally up the costs really fast. There are component switchers (for feeding monitors etc) that won't break the bank. Now, what about audio? It's ONLY AES in/out except for the phono conectors on the BOB for monitoring only though I recommend listening to the AES so you absolutely know what your are sending for delivery.

Don't hesitate to keep asking. We all either want help here are or willing to offer it.

Don Wilson
AmericanaMediaInc.com

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Kona 3 - extra pieces
on Dec 9, 2006 at 12:07:05 am

You will want to add an AJA Io LA for all your Analog I/O to the box.

No S-Video in or out of the Kona 3. For Composite you would need to keep switching the Component output to Composite.

The Io LA is a perfect complement to the Kona 3 and you can easily switch your outputs from Final Cut Pro from the Kona to the Io. We have one Io LA that moves around from system to system depending on who needs the analog connectivity and it works very well.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]