FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 5.1.2 and HD 1080 24p clip

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chrispy
FCP 5.1.2 and HD 1080 24p clip
on Dec 8, 2006 at 2:50:44 am

Hi,

Just wanna check if anyone has encountered this.

We captured a clip in HD 1080 24p uncompressed with burn-in timecode on the clip. In FCP 5.1 and 5.1.1, when we edit the clip into the timeline and enable the timecode overlay, it matches to the burn-in timecode.

However in FCP 5.1.2, the burn-in timecode does not match to the timecode overlay. It is 4 frames later so if the timecode on a particular frame is supposed to be 00:01:00:00, the clip's burn-in timecode shows up as 00:01:00:04. If I go to the beginning of the clip, the burn-in timecode is 4 frames later so somehow the clip has been slipped later by 4 frames and if I try to use the Slip Tool to slip the clip, I can see the actual timecode that it is suppose to show by it doesn't allow me to slip anything. This is definitely a bug in FCP 5.1.2 as it did not show up in FCP 5.1 or 5.1.1 and I went back and forth between versions to confirm this.

What is interesting is that if you do any kind of render, the rendered portion of the clip will then slip back to the correct frame position so that the burn-in timecode now matches the timecode overlay.

If anyone can try this, capture a HD 1080 24p clip with burn-in timecode and edit it into a timeline in FCP 5.1.2 and compare the burn-in timecode with the timecode overlay and confirm if you get the same result.

This does not affect HD 1080 50i clip which I tested.

Thanks,

-chrispy

Return to posts index

David Battistella
Re: FCP 5.1.2 and HD 1080 24p clip
on Dec 8, 2006 at 1:23:51 pm

Check to see that you playback ofset has been reset to zero. it was probably set the 4 with the upgrade which is the FCP default because most people use the software with firewire DV.

David

Peace and Love :)

Return to posts index

Harley Michailuck
Re: FCP 5.1.2 and HD 1080 24p clip
on Dec 8, 2006 at 4:04:07 pm

What David said...
... and it's fine here - ovelay TC in FCP 5.1.2 Canvas matches burn TC

Best,
Harley

Harley Michailuck
Brass Orchid Post fx