FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where is this Kona3 compatibility with Photoshop?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Zimman
Where is this Kona3 compatibility with Photoshop?
on Dec 7, 2006 at 10:46:56 pm

Where is this Kona3 compatibility with Photoshop? I have CS2 and when I go to File>Export>Video Preview it says "No Device Connected". Same thing when I try File>Export>Send Video Preview to Device. What am I missing?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Where is this Kona3 compatibility with Photoshop?
on Dec 7, 2006 at 10:59:00 pm

[Sam Zimman] "I have CS2 and when I go to File>Export>Video Preview it says "No Device Connected". Same thing when I try File>Export>Send Video Preview to Device. What am I missing?"

It is my understanding that Photoshop on the mac only supports FW devices for this function.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Return to posts index

jpicune
on Dec 7, 2006 at 11:13:07 pm

If you use the Kona Control Panel, and set the output to Macintosh Desktop. You can use your Kona to view Photoshop files on your video monitor. I am not of any other functionality between the two.

Jared Picune
Idea Spring Editing, Inc.
Denver Final Cut Pro UG
Geeky Mac | FCP Tips & Tricks

Return to posts index

Sam Zimman
on Dec 8, 2006 at 3:13:08 pm

AJA says that the Kona3 works with "Apple Final Cut Studio, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and more." It's on there website and all of there documentation. It seems very odd to me that Macintosh Desktop is the way that they mean to support "Photoshop and more".

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Dec 8, 2006 at 4:12:49 pm

[Sam Zimman] "AJA says that the Kona3 works with "Apple Final Cut Studio, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and more." It's on there website and all of there documentation. It seems very odd to me that Macintosh Desktop is the way that they mean to support "Photoshop and more"."

As noted by Gary Adcock on this very thread, it's an Adobe issue, not AJA's. Abode does not recognize anything but Firewire output on the Mac. So once Adobe addresses that issue, if they address that issue, then you will have better functionality with Photoshop.

The AJA Kona cards support Adobe After Effects just fine so I'm not sure why Adobe has caused this issue with Photoshop.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Return to posts index

Sam Zimman
on Dec 8, 2006 at 6:42:40 pm

So AJA claims that the Kona card (a Mac only product) works with Photoshop, but Photoshop on the Mac only works with FW. Thus the Kona card cannot work with Photoshop, despite AJA's advertising. Correct?

Return to posts index

Don Wilson
on Dec 8, 2006 at 10:50:21 pm

Call the AKA tech support guys. They tell the truth and will help. If you're trying to accuse the AJA people of false advertising I don't think you'll find any takers here. They've saved many a project for me and a few others here.

DW

Don Wilson
AmericanaMediaInc.com

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Dec 8, 2006 at 10:59:19 pm

[Sam Zimman] "
So AJA claims that the Kona card (a Mac only product) works with Photoshop, but Photoshop on the Mac only works with FW. Thus the Kona card cannot work with Photoshop, despite AJA's advertising. Correct?"

So now you're accusing them of false advertising when in fact Adobe can't make Photoshop talk to their product? Why don't you call Adobe and ask them why After Effects can work with PCI Video Cards in the Mac but Photoshop can't? Really makes no sense to me either.

As someone else noted, you can easily output your Mac Desktop to your monitor for color checking.

As for false advertising, you're barking up the wrong tree with AJA.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Return to posts index

Sam Zimman
on Dec 11, 2006 at 3:23:49 pm

Sorry to come off with the false advertising thing. AJA has saved my ass many times over. (esp Rudy Van Kol). I was more trying to point out that this Photoshop thing is reallly kind of odd considering there track record. They removed the Broadcast limiter when it wasn't up to snuff, but continue to talk about Photoshop support when Adobe is obviously screwing them. It just seems out of character is all. So far out of character it wouldn't surprise me if there is more to the story.

Return to posts index

jpicune
on Dec 11, 2006 at 4:55:38 pm

Lets take a trip back down memory lane, to the time when Blackmagic did the drivers for the original Kona cards. This is a list of previous features from the read me in the 4.0 software release. Note the bold text below.

Previous Features:

Return to posts index

Sam Zimman
on Dec 11, 2006 at 6:52:52 pm

Talked to AJA this morning and this is what they say:

In regards to PhotoShop Preview: There isn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]