Multiple inputs like a VVTR

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mody
Multiple inputs like a VVTR
by
on Dec 7, 2006 at 5:45:30 pm

Hello

I am looking at a solution to capture more input from more than 4 SDi capable cameras.

This is it eliminate VTR's at the Online shoot wihs to use a MacPro with say 4 Video boards and capture Video simultaniously

I Do not wish to have 4 seperate Macs to capture need a solution on 1 or max 2 Macs

regards
Yogesh

Return to posts index

TrevorA
Re: Multiple inputs like a VVTR
on Dec 9, 2006 at 1:10:24 pm

The BBC have a white paper on something they did on Linux:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/pubs/whp/whp-pdf-files/WHP133.pdf

I don't think you'll have much luck with multiple streams on a mac until the board manufacturers take in multiple streams per card (I think I heard that was in the Decklink roadmap, depending on demand)

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Dec 9, 2006 at 1:14:32 pm

[mody] "I Do not wish to have 4 seperate Macs to capture need a solution on 1 or max 2 Macs"

Nothing that I know of that can do this using an FCP type of workflow. I believe decklink had some sort of a switcher type thing they showed at NAB last year, but nothing remotely close to that.

you're looking at dedicated HDR's for each camera to pull this off I'm afraid. That's what they do with live events, though I'm pretty sure tape is always rolled as a backup.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Return to posts index

Ramona Howard
on Dec 11, 2006 at 10:40:46 pm

Mody,

We have testing multiple boards in a system but if we are talking uncompressed, dedicated units are the only option at the moment that I am aware of. The larger productions are syncing multi camera shots, with using one system as the TC generator (for our product, not sure how they are using others) and dedicated systems for each camera.

Best of Luck,
Ramona

Return to posts index

R.Howard
on Dec 11, 2006 at 11:13:27 pm

Mody,

Neil comments below, obviously he's not considering RaveHD as a VTR. Get all the info before you listen to a single person, even me................

That's less than 4 VTRs and lass then any other DDR with similar capabilities I've come across.

Cheers,
Ramona

Ramona Howard
SpectSoft, LLC
593 Hi-Tech Parkway Suite B
Oakdale, CA 95361
Phone: 209.847.7812 extension 104
Fax: 209.847.7859
http://www.spectsoft.com

RaveHD - Changing the way you think about HD

Return to posts index

TrevorA
on Dec 12, 2006 at 12:40:06 am

Another solution is the EVS-XT.

This can record 6 streams (at variable compression) per box.

They do have a workflow that enables you to take their files to FCP. Last time I looked you needed an XFile to do the conversion.

Of course once you have recorded your isos onto the EVS you can take the server to your post house and digitise them at baseband into your NLE.

Regards

Trevor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]