FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD to SD Help

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
spotcharlie
HD to SD Help
on Dec 5, 2006 at 10:21:59 pm

I've edited a project in FCP at DVCPRO HD 23.98 I need to output a master to a Digi Beta NTSC i'm having problems configuring my kona LH and FCP to get the right settings to make this happen. I keep getting an error saying my current sequence doesn't match the resolution of the output device. please help i would appreciate it. I have a sound mix tomorrow and need it there then. thanks for your time.

Return to posts index

JeremyG
Re: HD to SD Help
on Dec 5, 2006 at 10:37:13 pm

Keep your sequence HD. Open your Kona control panel and hit the format tab, choose the secondary as whatever format of Sd you need (525 or 625). Now select the output that your DBeta is hooked up to and choose it's format as secondary. Master as normal.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

spotcharlie
on Dec 5, 2006 at 10:39:12 pm

do any settings need to be changed in final cut? thanks for responding

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Dec 5, 2006 at 10:46:35 pm

No, for all intents and purposes, FCP should think you are laying off HD so keep it in the HD format you are editing in. Then use the Kona Control Panel to down-convert.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

spotcharlie
on Dec 5, 2006 at 11:07:33 pm

maybe i'm still doing something wrong. it's still not working. one thing i'm confused about it that my project is DVCPRO HD 23.98 but no where on the kona or fcp output do i see 23.98. so my fcp video out is DVCPRO HD 720p59.97 my kona is set up to see that and to downconvert on output 2 to NTSC. i have control of the deck my edit to tape window still says preview disabled and when i click preview it says i'm trying to use a device at a different resolution and it wont go. again thanks for all your help thus far, i think there's just one little thing that i'm not doing. please help

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Dec 5, 2006 at 11:23:45 pm

that is correct, 720p59.94.

Okay, this is really easy. You have your Hd timeline. What I need you to do is choose the appropriate easy setup, which is AJA Kona 720p23.98 DVCPRO HD Varicam.

Then open up your Kona control panel and control click on output 2. Change the secondary output to 525i. Go back to FCP and open up your edit to tape window. Set up your in point and all other necessary attributes in the ETT window. Drag your sequence from your browser to the ETT window until you see the assemble overlay. Away you go.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

spotcharlie
on Dec 5, 2006 at 11:38:38 pm

it worked thanks so much, and by the way that is the dumbest thing ever. to have to drag your sequence in. turned out everything was set up correctly but i just wasn't dragging it, first time using fcp for more than little dv edits, i'm an avid and smoke guy myself. thanks again really.

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Dec 6, 2006 at 1:09:38 am

Glad you are up and running. Dragging the sequence is the way it's done in FCP, stupid or not.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]