FORUMS: list search recent posts

Composite Signal into LHe

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
FargoRoss
Composite Signal into LHe
on Dec 1, 2006 at 7:28:53 pm

Hello,

I need to get a DVCAM-PAL signal from our Sony DSR-45 into my G5/Kona LHe.

The DSR-45 can only output the DVCAM-PAL through the RCA Composite out ("Monitor Out").

I'm not sure how to get that into the SDI or Component in's of the LHe.

I do have an S-Video to Y/C Breakout Cable, is possible to get a Composite RCA to S-Video cable and, then the Y/C into the Kona (via component int).

[DVCAM-PAL>RCA Composite>Svideo>Y/C>Kona LHe Component>Final Cut]

Hopefully i'm communicating this properly.
Thank you,

Ross A. Hendrickson
Video Arts Studios

Return to posts index

JeremyG
Re: Composite Signal into LHe
on Dec 1, 2006 at 8:12:28 pm

I am not certain as I don't have an Lh2 (i do have a Kona 2), but I am pretty sure you take the Y input of the Kona card and hook that up to the composite out of the deck. Open up your Kona control panel and change the format from component in to Composite (or Y) in or choose a composite easy setup in FCP.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

David Smith
on Dec 1, 2006 at 9:39:17 pm

[FargoRoss] "The DSR-45 can only output the DVCAM-PAL through the RCA Composite out ("Monitor Out")."

Why won't it output via component?

Return to posts index

FargoRoss
on Dec 1, 2006 at 10:04:36 pm

It's [David Smith] "[FargoRoss] "The DSR-45 can only output the DVCAM-PAL through the RCA Composite out ("Monitor Out")."

Why won't it output via component?"

It is an NTSC deck. It's ability to output PAL is limited to the onscreen LCD, and the RCA Composite out.

Ross

Return to posts index

David Smith
on Dec 2, 2006 at 6:11:39 am

[FargoRoss] "It is an NTSC deck. It's ability to output PAL is limited to the onscreen LCD, and the RCA Composite out."

If it's an NTSC deck I don't think you can get any PAL output. I don't find any mention of that in the deck's literature, but I did find this on one vendor's website:

"with the exception of the DSR-11 and DSR-25 dual standard NTSC/PAL desktop VTRs, you cannot get PAL playback output on NTSC DVCAM VTRs (PAL viewing is possible on the DSR-50 LCD monitor, but no PAL output is available), and similarly, cannot get NTSC playback on PAL DVCAM VTRs."

Return to posts index

David Smith
on Dec 2, 2006 at 3:00:24 pm

[FargoRoss] "I'm not sure how to get that into the SDI or Component in's of the LHe."

Anyway, regardless of what kind of composite signal your deck is capable of, it's easy to bring in composite through your LHe. The card is not limited to SDI and component. You set the type of analog signal in the AJA Control Panel's Input tab. A quick search in your manual will explain how to do it and where to route the signal.

Regards,
David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]