FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona Audio Tip

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
walter biscardi
Kona Audio Tip
on Nov 30, 2006 at 4:11:13 pm

Hi all,

Just a quick tip on Audio settings. The Kona boards allow you to capture anywhere from I think 8 - 16 channels of audio during Capture. When switching between Easy Setups, FCP can re-set your Clip Settings so it attempts to capture more audio channels than you want. This is especially true if you switch between an AJA Kona setting and FCP's DV settings.

For instance. I capture using an AJA Kona preset and set my Audio Clip settings to just 2 channels of audio input. I change to DV-NTSC and capture. Now I switch back to an AJA Kona preset and FCP will re-activate all 16 channels of audio input. So I have to remember to manually change the audio inputs back to just 2 channels.

I have spoken to AJA about this and essentially Final Cut Pro is re-setting itself to all available audio channels after switching out of DV. This only happens to me when switching between the DV and any Kona presets.

Just a tip for everyone out there because if you don't realize this is happening you end up with a clip that has 16 channels of audio. Hopefully Apple can address this with a future release so that the settings will "stick" better when switching between presets.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Return to posts index

Winston A. Cely
Re: Kona Audio Tip
on Nov 30, 2006 at 6:56:05 pm

Thanks for the tip! This has happened to me before and it's a total pain. Especially when all the footage has already been captured without someone checking, so you have hours of footage with more audio channels than you should have.

"If God could do the tricks we can do, He'd be a happy Man." - Peter O'Toole - "The Stuntman"

Machine Model: Power Mac G5
CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (3.0)
Number Of CPUs: 2
CPU Speed: 2.5 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 4.5 GB
Final Cut Studio (Not Universal, yet)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]