FORUMS: list search recent posts

KONA LHe and FCP audio/video sync problem

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kutmasta
KONA LHe and FCP audio/video sync problem
on Nov 28, 2006 at 11:49:15 pm

I have a Mac Pro 2.6GHz and Kona LHe running on OS 10.4.8. I just got KONA LHe and installed.
when I play back at the external monitor, the video keep getting delayed. I am talking about 1 or 2 seconds delay.
somebody help me please.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: KONA LHe and FCP audio/video sync problem
on Nov 29, 2006 at 12:33:45 am

1 or 2 seconds is not 4 frames. How are you monitoring your audio. You CANNOT monitor your audio on the internal MAC G5 speaker. You MUST monitor your audio from the output of your Kona LHe card. Are you doing this ?

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

kutmasta
on Nov 29, 2006 at 4:59:36 pm

Yes, I am monitoring frm KONA audio output. if it is a few frame off, I would check the audio output setting. but I am talking about 1 or 2 seconds, which is odd.

Kozo

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Nov 29, 2006 at 9:49:31 pm

If you are off 1 or 2 seconds, something is very wrong. I would uninstall and reinstall the AJA drivers, and if you have the same problem, I would call AJA tech support.

Please tell me the VTR that you are digitizing from .

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

kutmasta
on Nov 30, 2006 at 9:48:13 pm

This is not digitizing issue. it is play back issue. It seems like it is playing slower so that the longer you play them more off sync you get with audio. I am playing back DV footage using 525 29.97kzh 8 bit to the monitor. And I notice that if I use 10 bit, the it is even worse.

Kozo

Return to posts index

gaffney film
on Feb 5, 2007 at 9:38:44 pm

were you able to solve this? I have spent the entire day trying to get my audio to sync.

thanks,

vince

Return to posts index

Riccardo Mazza
on Nov 13, 2009 at 2:57:22 pm

Hello Vince,

I had the same problem. Partially solved moving Kona on slot 4 of my macpro pre 2008 and setting slot utility to 8x on slot 4. But I still have out of sync audio and video when getting video in from analog source and also I have interferences (green flashes) on the external monitor only when capturing. It looks like a clock problem. We also changed the Kona because we tought it was broken but the problem is the same.

Riccardo Mazza

Return to posts index

Olwin Pangaribuan
on Feb 9, 2010 at 3:34:28 pm

Hello Riccardo,

I read all post but i didn't find the way to solve my problem I got.
The problem is, I have 9 editing suites with FCP 6.05 on Mac Pro with Aja Kona LHe. Some time, when I play the timeline, the audio wil go out of sync from video, it looks like the audio file is playing slower than the video file so the longger i play the timeline more duration of delay audio from video. It happen intermitten, and all suite ever faced the problem.
Some time but rare, shut down the machine will automaticly fix the problem.
I also have another suite with the same version FCP and the same Mac Pro tech spec but use Decklink HDExtreme3 as Video/Audio I/O card. Use this cheaper card but never face this problem :-(

Help me please..

Olwin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]