FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona LHE and Radeon X1900 conflict anyone?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jahmedia
Kona LHE and Radeon X1900 conflict anyone?
on Nov 28, 2006 at 11:20:47 pm

I'm still trying to troubleshoot why our new MacPro won't start-up with our Kona card installed - so is there anyone running a Kona LHE with a Radeon X1900 video card? Thought I'd check for possible conflicts.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Scott Shucher
Re: Kona LHE and Radeon X1900 conflict anyone?
on Nov 29, 2006 at 2:22:20 am

There may be an issue with this combo. I have an associate that is having trouble with, what I believe, is the same set-up. I will try to update with more accurate info in the a.m.

G5 2.5ghz DP, 2.5Gbyte RAM, FCP 5.0.2, OSX.4.3
QT7.01, Kona2 w/Kbox, Atto UL3D, Medea RTRX640, Huge MV 1.8Tbyte, Radeon 9800XT

Return to posts index

Scott Shucher
on Nov 29, 2006 at 1:53:14 pm

I can confirm that there are others having problems with the MacPro, Kona LHe, and RadeonX1900 combination.

They've had success with the NVidia cards, either the expensive card with on board processing, or the inexpensive video card without on board processing.

Sorry I don't have more concrete information, but I have no experience with the MacPro/LHe/Radeon setup.
I've only recently been in contact with another user who's having trouble with the identical setup on brand new gear.

G5 2.5ghz DP, 2.5Gbyte RAM, FCP 5.1.2, OSX.4.8
QT7.01, Kona2 (v3.2) w/Kbox, Atto UL3D, Medea RTRX640, Huge MV 1.8Tbyte, Radeon 9800XT

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Nov 29, 2006 at 2:18:51 pm

I'm running the Kona 3 with the ATI 1900 with no issues here on a Mac Pro Quad 3.0.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Return to posts index

Scott Shucher
on Nov 29, 2006 at 3:27:29 pm

Yea, I've seen the Kona3, MacPro, and Radeon X1900 all behave very nicely together too, but
substitute the LHe with this trio and there seems to be an issue. I'm not saying it's an AJA issue,
but something is amiss.

QT7.01, Kona2 (v3.2) w/Kbox, Atto UL3D, Medea RTRX640, Huge MV 1.8Tbyte, Radeon 9800XT

Return to posts index

Tim Irwin
on Nov 30, 2006 at 6:04:11 am

I Installed an LHe into a macpro last week. I have a dual 3.0 4 gigs of RAM, and the ATI X1900. I haven't used the machine too heavily yet, but sofar capture from the component ins to DVCPROHD and playback of DVCPROHD from P2 card imports out the SDI to panny monitor all work flawlessly. Also the downconversion to SD is fine. What are your specific issues, perhaps I can try to duplicate them here.

-tim

Return to posts index

Scott Shucher
on Nov 30, 2006 at 12:33:39 pm

Older firmware on the Kona LHe may be the issue. I just spoke with an associate who is installing MacPro/LHe 4 systems.

2 of the Kona LHes with lower serial numbers would not boot in the MacPro regardless of whether the video card was
a Radeon or NVidia. The 2 Kona LHe with newer serial numbers would boot OK.

I'd recommend calling AJA about the LHe with the serial number handy. Their support is excellent and they should be able to straighten this out.

Return to posts index

Jahmedia
on Dec 5, 2006 at 7:44:44 pm

Thanks everyone for the valuable info.

Still battling the issues however have narrowed the field to possibly a hardware issue with the AJA card/ motherboard. The card seems very finicky on how it is installed. The only way I can get the computer to boot is by "wiggling" (very technical...)the AJA card from front to back until I get a successful start, otherwise its taxiing for takeoff without booting.

AJA is dumbfounded but has been very supportive. They've sent me a replacement card to make sure it isn't a faulty card. Strange anomoly is that my SATA Rocket RAID PCI-e card (w/ same small 4-lanes of contact) works fine in any slot. Just the AJA card that causes the issue.

The Radeon X1900 is stock.

Mac Pro
Dual-Core Intel Xeon
2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Memory: 5 GB
Boot ROM Version: MP11.005C.B04
Running with Highpoint-technology Rocket RAID 2320
FCP 5.1
OS10.4.8
All latest drivers of everything.

Thanks again,

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Nov 29, 2006 at 3:44:07 pm

[Jahmedia] "
I'm still trying to troubleshoot why our new MacPro won't start-up with our Kona card installed - so is there anyone running a Kona LHE with a Radeon X1900 video card? Thought I'd check for possible conflicts."

Do you have the correct version of the card? There is a G5 ATI Radeon 1900 and a Mac Pro version of the ATI Radeon 1900. Right on the box it will say ATI Radeon X1900 XT and below that will say "Requires Mac Pro with Mac OS 10.4.7 or later." If it doesn't say it requires a Mac Pro, that's the wrong card for your machine. I had to double check that twice when I ordered my 1900.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]