FORUMS: list search recent posts

Not seeing video out

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
greg
Not seeing video out
by
on Nov 28, 2006 at 1:43:41 am

I'm trying to output out of Final Cut Pro to Beta SP. My deck is hooked up directly to the Aja card.

I'm able to digitize video coming in, but I can't get video out of the card to my deck. Audio is fine.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Not seeing video out
on Nov 28, 2006 at 2:03:51 am

you have not given any details of your system - what MAC, what version OS, etc. How your system is cabled.

Is your Beta VTR Input Select switch on Y Pb Pr, or is it on Composite or S-Video ? It must be in component, and you must have the outputs of your AJA
Kona LH or LHe or LS or LSe plugged into the Beta VT inputs. Look at the VIEW menu, and select EXTERNAL VIDEO - is it selected to ALL FRAMES, or is it select to OFF. If it's off, you don't get no video oupput. This was a common bug in FCP 4 and 4.5.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Greg
by
on Nov 28, 2006 at 3:28:00 pm

Hi Bob,
Thanks for your reply.

It's a Mac G5 Quad. OSX 10.4.8. I'm on FCP Studio 5.1 The system is cabled with the multi cord that comes with the aja. Y Pb Pr cables in and out connected to y deck component in and out connectors. The switch on the deck is in the right position. I'm able to digitize, but am not seeing a video signal out to my deck. I'll check on the view menu when I get into the office.

One additional point here. I have a dual boot system with FCP on one bootaable drive and Media 100 Hde on the other. Both systems can digitize but neither is seeing video output.

Thanks

Greg

Return to posts index

Peterd
on Nov 28, 2006 at 9:45:01 pm

Is the deck in record mode?

Return to posts index

Greg
by
on Nov 28, 2006 at 10:16:04 pm

Yup....

Return to posts index

Peterd
on Nov 28, 2006 at 10:44:23 pm

Not sure I'veused the exact Kona card you have but I'd check the Kona control panel under Analog Out. Make sure its on the right resolution and set to Component(Beta)

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Nov 28, 2006 at 11:20:34 pm

Greg -
do this.
1) eject the tape out of your Beta VTR
2) make sure the Input Select switch is on Y Pb Pr (not composite)
3) plug a TV monitor into the video output of your Beta VTR
4) put your VTR into LOCAL
5) hit the red RECORD button on your Beta VTR - it should light up.
6) close Final Cut Pro
7) launch the AJA Control Panel
8) to go the CONTROL TAB, and select TEST PATTERNS (like bars)
9) go to the analog out tab, and make sure Beta component is selected at 525.
10) if you still don't see a picture, look behind your Beta VTR - there is often a tiny switch that selects between the YRB BNC inputs and the round silver connector component input.

If you still dont see a picture do this -

1) take the Y Out of the AJA and stick it right into your TV composite video input. You should see the test pattern color bar signal in black and white on your TV.
2) if this works, your VTR is broken
3) if this does not work, you need to hire someone to come in and help you troubleshoot the AJA issue. There are milions of variables here, which can be a bad AJA card, a bad AJA cable, a bad cable going to your TV, etc.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Greg
Thanks Bob!
by
on Nov 30, 2006 at 2:51:02 am

#10 was the problem. Moved the switch and it worked!!! Thanks for your help.

Greg

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]