FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona - DVCPRO HD Acceleration Question

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Telling
Kona - DVCPRO HD Acceleration Question
on Nov 21, 2006 at 8:40:52 pm

Could someone please recommend the step by step process for opening up a new Final Cut Pro Project and preparing settings to ingest P2 720 24PN (NATIVE) footage for an equivalent DVCProHD timeline that can take advantage of a Kona 2's DVCProHD hardware acceleration.

As I understand it, I will have to "apply" an AJA codec, but which one is recommended - and will it be "changing" the footage in any way that I should be aware of.

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

sacci
Re: Kona - DVCPRO HD Acceleration Question
on Nov 22, 2006 at 4:19:45 pm

[David Telling] "I will have to "apply" an AJA codec" In the Kona workflow this is done on capture which you bypass with the P2 system. Unless there is a P2 reader that has HD-SDI out, then you "play" the clip and capture with the AJA DVCProHD codec.

But that being said I think you are fine with just importing your footage off the card. Was it is import there is no 24pN, just 24P (since everything is now true 24P in computer even if you shoot 24P over 30)

Return to posts index

mactrix
on Nov 23, 2006 at 4:35:05 pm

What do you mean by native? Are you speaking about the HVX200 P2 camcorder?

Go to the "Final Cut Pro" menu and choose "Easy Setup".

Choose the 720p24 preset from the popup menu. If you create a new sequence
it will match with the chosen Easy Setup.

Return to posts index

David Telling
on Nov 27, 2006 at 5:00:27 pm

Regarding "native" I was referring to the 720 24PN recording on the HVX200.

I wasn't sure if the Easy set-up for 720 24 in Final Cut would actually take advantage of the DVC Pro HD hardware acceleration on my Kona 2 card - I thought I might have to set things up with an AJA codec to do this. I have since spoken to AJA technical support and they said that their acceleration is based on Apple's DVC Pro HD codec. So it will indeed do it from the default Easy set-up settings in Final Cut.

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]