FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video preview problems with Aja's LHe card and After Effects 7.0

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mike escher
Video preview problems with Aja's LHe card and After Effects 7.0
on Nov 21, 2006 at 12:08:37 am

Hello all,

I have recently set up my new computer (a Mac Pro with 5gigs of memory and an Aja LHe video card) and wanted to use my 2nd monitor for video preview and playback from After Effects. The monitor has DVI-D inputs as well as component inputs. I have the analog outputs of the Aja card hooked up to my JVC BR-HD50 and have it's outputs going into the component inputs of the second monitor. What I am trying to do is to use the Aja LHe card as the video output for video preview and playback. When I try to choose the Aja card from the video playback submenu in preferences I get a pop up window that reads "After Effects warning: Couldn't open QuickTime video output component" Is there something I am missisng or that I need to do?

Return to posts index

JeremyG
Re: Video preview problems with Aja's LHe card and After Effects 7.0
on Nov 21, 2006 at 8:20:16 am

Tap the finder in between switching applications. The bit file should get released better that way. A good way to do this is option tab to the finder then option tab to AE. When coming back, option tab to the finder, then option tab to FCP.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

David Smith
on Nov 21, 2006 at 12:09:01 pm

[mike escher] "I have recently set up my new computer (a Mac Pro with 5gigs of memory and an Aja LHe video card) and wanted to use my 2nd monitor for video preview and playback from After Effects."

Are you running the latest Kona software? I believe that capability has just been added. From the AJA LH support page:

"KONA LH/LHe Drivers, Control Panel, and Notes
(Version 3.3, Release Date 11/14/2006, TAR archive)
This version adds Automator plug-ins for OS X 10.4 for batch DPX-to-QT AND QT-to-DPX translation, Rosetta applications like Adobe After Effects can now display their output thru KONA

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Nov 21, 2006 at 5:26:27 pm

Oops, sorry I read too fast after too long of a day.

Mike listen to David, and please disregard my post, sorta. It can still apply when switching between apps that like to grab on to the Kona card.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Mike Escher
on Nov 21, 2006 at 6:46:06 pm

That took care of it.

Thanks David.

Mike Escher

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]