mediaMatte
Hey Now!
on Nov 17, 2006 at 6:39:35 pm

First off

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Hey Now!
on Nov 17, 2006 at 11:30:31 pm

the Kona LHe will work at 1080i, and will be able to output an analog component HD signal to feed any HD ready Plasma screen you feel like buying, at any budget.

If you have any specific questions (other than "what potholes"), please ask away.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Nov 18, 2006 at 4:02:50 am

You are going to have to invest in some faster storage. 1080i footage adds up quick (even with DVCPRO HD) and so does the processing overhead. I would suggest a low cost, unprotected (RAID 0) SATA array.

Bob can tell you all about them.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Don Wilson
on Nov 19, 2006 at 12:06:02 am

Great post, great attitude.

Agree with the display thing. I feed a 42" plasma with DCVProHD 720 and it rocks. Component out of the Kona is just fine, an AJA or Blackmagic SDi to HDMI converter looks good as well but rescales the pic so has it's issues as well. Point is I'd go the 108Oi Kona DVCProHD codec and use the power of the Kona for playback, picture lovin' and the like. What is the medium of playback in the Kiosk etc in the end? I've also got the same camera package and just projected a feature in fill size theater and it made me proud. Email me off list and I can go in to detail about the P2 to FCP thing in detail. Follow website to email link and have fun!

Best,

Don Wilson
AmericanaMediaInc.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]