FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA KONA3:29.97 SONY VTR A or AJA KONA3:29.97 SONY VTR B ???

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
RickDe
AJA KONA3:29.97 SONY VTR A or AJA KONA3:29.97 SONY VTR B ???
on Nov 15, 2006 at 2:46:35 pm

Is anyone knows the difference between controling a deck using the device control preset AJA KONA3:29.97 SONY VTR A or AJA KONA3:29.97 SONY VTR B ???

I have some problems issue when I control a betacam SP (via RS-422 protocol) I'm not frame accurate and I'm not abe to edit tape in insert with audio only..... I can see the audio signal in the betacam SP before performing the edit to tape...... weird. Everything is OK when I'm in assemble...

No problem on my Digital Betacam.

I have the same problem on my AVID system when I forgot to change the machine template for the betacam SP and I'm using the Betacam digital machine template.....

It looks like FCP and/or KONA3 don't recongnize the betacam SP

Thanks

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: AJA KONA3:29.97 SONY VTR A or AJA KONA3:29.97 SONY VTR B ???
on Nov 15, 2006 at 3:45:51 pm

[RickDe] "I have some problems issue when I control a betacam SP (via RS-422 protocol) I'm not frame accurate and I'm not abe to edit tape in insert with audio only...."

What deck are you using? The UVW-1800 can only insert audio if you go deep into the menus and make some changes. Honestly don't know where because we never attempt that with ours.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Return to posts index

RickDe
on Nov 15, 2006 at 4:06:26 pm

Thanks Walter. I'm using a UVW-1800 but there is nothing in the menu who give me this option..... and as a mentioned in my initial post, I can make audio inserts on this deck with my AVID system.....

By the way I am a Final Touch user and I follow all your thread on this forum. Thank you for your implication, it's very useful!

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Nov 15, 2006 at 6:58:08 pm

[RickDe] "By the way I am a Final Touch user and I follow all your thread on this forum. Thank you for your implication, it's very useful!"

Final Touch is definitely not my favorite application right now. really really buggy and not working well at all.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]