FORUMS: list search recent posts

Varicam 30p footage into Kona3

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
invertase
Varicam 30p footage into Kona3
on Nov 9, 2006 at 7:55:19 pm

Has anyone succesfully worked with Varicam footage shot at 30p in a Kona3 card w/FCP? If so how'd you do it?

I can digitize the footage at 30p using the AJA Kona settings for 23.98 Varicam footage (by changing the framerate to 30) and changing the sequence settings to 30p Editing Timebase. And I can view the clips in my final cut windows, BUT the Kona card won't play back the footage to my external monitor (SDI out through HDLink to an Apple Cinema Display). It holds on the first frame when I try to play.

I've tried a bunch of settings and I can only get the Kona to play out to the external monitor at 29.97, 59.94, and 23.98. Has anyone had success with another frame rates?

Thanks,

Dillon

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Varicam 30p footage into Kona3
on Nov 9, 2006 at 8:46:16 pm

[invertase] "I've tried a bunch of settings and I can only get the Kona to play out to the external monitor at 29.97, 59.94, and 23.98."

Unless you are working outside the US or have your Varicam set internally (deep in the service menu) to 60hrz , 30p is actually 29;97 so according to your post it seems that the card is working fine.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]