FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA Kona and JVC BR-HD50

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zelin
AJA Kona and JVC BR-HD50
on Nov 6, 2006 at 9:31:22 pm

Hi -
I am going to have to install a Kona 3 with a JVC BR-HD50. I am planning on using an AJA
HD10AVA to get the JVC into to the Kona 3 with an HD-SDI stream with embedded audio. I have two questions. Is this JVC VTR "switchable" so that I can get analog HD out of it (it is not clear on the JVC site, but it seems like it is selectable via menus)- and, does this VTR lock up properly via RS422, or does it have bizarre lockup problems ?

Thanks -

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

chrispy
Re: AJA Kona and JVC BR-HD50
on Nov 7, 2006 at 12:43:02 am

Hi Bob,

I'm not sure about the BR-HD50's analog output if it can be set to analog HD but for the RS422, it works fine so far and locks up pretty well.

-chrispy

Return to posts index

chrispy
on Nov 7, 2006 at 1:01:58 am

Hey Bob,

Here's what I got from the JVC website for the BR50HD :

Versatile analog connections :

In addition to IEEE 1394 input/output, the BR-HD50 is equipped with analog component (BNC) output connectors for HD and SD. Y/C input/output connectors (SD mode) and composite input/output (BNC) connectors (SD mode) are also available.

So maybe it does support analog HD output.

-chrispy

Return to posts index

David Issko
on Nov 7, 2006 at 1:39:36 am

Bob,

The BR-HD50E operation manual specifically states that the component outputs analogue HD and SD signals. Further, you can select 50Hz or 60Hz output via the menu. RS 422 control stability inconclusive, however there are a number of settings for the 422 via menu setup. This may help or eliminate the lockup problems you may be encountering.

Hope this helps you.

Return to posts index

Chasman
on Nov 7, 2006 at 7:56:11 pm

Would you not be better off with the HD Connect box from Convergant Design. With this you can go BR-HD50 into the Kona whilst staying digital and the HD Connect will turn the progressive into interlaced if you wish. It also handles TC and RS422. Worth a look if you have not already done so.

Return to posts index

Chasman
on Nov 7, 2006 at 7:56:31 pm

Would you not be better off with the HD Connect box from Convergant Design. With this you can go BR-HD50 into the Kona whilst staying digital and the HD Connect will turn the progressive into interlaced if you wish. It also handles TC and RS422. Worth a look if you have not already done so.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Nov 7, 2006 at 10:06:32 pm

Mr Chasman -
the JVC BR-HD50 has analog component HD outputs. It also has RS422 control. The RS422 control connects directly to the AJA Kona 3 product. The purpose of the AJA HD10AVA is to convert the analog HD to HD-SDI to go into the HD-SDI input of the Kona 3, while embedding the analog audio of the JVC BR-HD50 into the HD-SDI stream. I love Convergent Design products, but this is the wrong product for this application.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Macheail O'Faolain
on Nov 22, 2006 at 11:07:03 pm

Hi Bob,

just looking into a similar issue myself, but i'm thinking that the HD connect will take the HDV, and, retaining it within the digital domian, upsample the HDV to HDSDI, and mux the audio too....yes, we dont need the 422 as the VT has this, but I figure that the conversion in the digital domian has got to be better than going down to YUV analogue HD and especially taking unbalanced analogue audio (which i'm guessing will also be 44.1 not 48 for Digital) and getting this all re a to d'd back plus the sample rate conversion too?....

it seems a very clever little box and I think it ought to do a better job, although the AJA converters are great quality - its just the conversion out to analgue and back for video and audio that seems unnecessary....

cheers Macheail

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]