FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weird Edit to tape aliasing with DVW-M2000 deck

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Jones
Weird Edit to tape aliasing with DVW-M2000 deck
on Nov 2, 2006 at 12:31:17 pm

I've encountered a weird problem. I'm mastering a 60min program to a Sony DVW-M2000 Digibeta deck through the SDI port of my AJA IO and AJA Kona. When I hit play on the timeline and record on the deck everything looks normal. If I try to insert edit onto a blacked tape using the 'edit to tape' command I get weird aliasing. It almost looks like the field order in wrong. Anyone else experience this?

Greg S. Jones
D7,Inc.
Orlando,Fl.

Return to posts index

JeremyG
Re: Weird Edit to tape aliasing with DVW-M2000 deck
on Nov 2, 2006 at 3:19:06 pm

Are you using the io or are you using the Kona, hopefully you aren't trying to use both and you have the proper easy setup selected for the one you are trying to use.

Return to posts index

Greg Jones
on Nov 2, 2006 at 4:14:00 pm

I'm using either the Kona or the IO, but not at the same time.

Greg Jones
D7,Inc.
Orlando,Fl.

Return to posts index

David Battistella
on Nov 3, 2006 at 2:21:34 am

Does that deck have the old 2-field 4 field switch, like Beta SP decks have?

If you take it out of Auto and force it to the 2 or 4 field this can solve those edit to tape issues.

That is the only thing I can think of other than moving the edit points by a frame on either the deck or the timeline.

David

Peace and Love :)

Return to posts index

weevie833
on Nov 3, 2006 at 4:33:30 pm

I believe your deck needs to be in Input Video for sync reference, not REF. This is really annoying since none of my assistants can remember to switch the deck to Input Video when outputting from Kona.

Steve
double wide post

Return to posts index

David Issko
on Nov 4, 2006 at 1:53:41 am

I got caught out the very first time I used my M2000P by connecting sync to REF in and of course it did not work. Fiddled around for a minute or 2 and found the vid in solution. However, in REF in mode, I did not have any video and my input menu display kept on flashing meaning no input.

My guess was also the same as David's with the Capstan lock setting to the correct field setting - another menu driven setting. Yes, the DVW-M2000P does have Capstan lock settings.

Hope this helped.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]