FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona 3 as a stand alone converter

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Issko
Kona 3 as a stand alone converter
on Oct 28, 2006 at 10:59:55 pm

Hi all,

From what I have read on the AJA site, can I please confirm that if required, the Kona 3 can offer me the ability to say upconvert from Digital Betacam to HDCAM if I just configure the K3 input & output correctly via the software setup.

I may just need to do a machine to machine "dub" (conversion) without any editing.

I have a Digital Betacam DVW-M2000P and if I can use the K3 to do my upconverts (yes, I know I would need to have the computer on and dedicated to the transfer), I can then save many $$$$$ on not having to purchase an upconverter for the 2000P.

Thanks very much.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Kona 3 as a stand alone converter
on Oct 28, 2006 at 11:44:05 pm

yes, if you are willing to dedicate a G5 to this application, the Kona 3 (and all the AJA products) make wonderful stand alone converters. Guess what - this is what AJA really does for a living - the FCP stuff is just the "add on" that many of us use, but you can't beat AJA converters - and the Kona 3 does just that. Of course, you can purchase an AJA SD to HD upconverter from their broadcast converter line as well (as many TV stations do).

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

David Issko
Re: Kona 3 as a stand alone converter
on Oct 29, 2006 at 3:11:33 am

yes, yes yes, thanks very much Bob for your prompt reply. Of course, the stand alone converter is another option.

I enjoy reading your posts.
Take care.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]