FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't even export

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Harris
Can't even export
on Oct 25, 2006 at 1:27:17 pm

When I am trying to play back video from the timeline I am getting dropped frames from my RAID array. I have "mixed-down" the audio. I have rendered. Currently, I am running on a MAC G4, dual 1.42w/2Gs ram, OSX 10.4.7, Kona SD card w/BlackMagic Decklink v 5.6, QT version 7.1.2 and FCP 5.0.4. & SCSI Medea320 array w/160Gigs free. I also have the latest Atto update.

Since I can't get the timeline to play the video, I have tried to Export a Quicktime and the system gets about 28 of the 32 Gigs exported when the system freezes, and I see the beach ball. How can I get this show to tape or DVD??!! Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Sean Harris

Return to posts index

Leigh Jewell
Re: Can't even export
on Oct 25, 2006 at 10:54:32 pm

It kind of sounds like you might have some bad piece of video in your timeline since it freezes when you export it.
Try exporting a smaller clip. Set an in and out point then export as usual. You should be able to narrow down where the problem is. If the smaller clip plays out fine, then you know you have a problem somewhere in the timeline.

HTH

Leigh

Return to posts index

Sean Harris
on Oct 26, 2006 at 2:31:17 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, I broke the timeline into 3 smaller parts and successfully exported each part. I then trashed my FCP prefferences then assembled the parts back together in a new project. I was able to record from this timeline to a tape. However, when I tried to export them as one QT, to make a DVD, the system froze again. So, what now? is there any way to export the whole thing as one file or am I just stuck with 3 smaller files?

Sean

Return to posts index

sean Harris
on Oct 26, 2006 at 5:21:23 pm

I think it was a bad file. I re-captured the video out of the suspect area and that seemed to fix it.

Many thanks for your replys.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]