FORUMS: list search recent posts

SD animorphic to SD letterboxed-How to

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Matthies
SD animorphic to SD letterboxed-How to
on Oct 23, 2006 at 5:03:31 pm

After reading the post below about the ability of outputting SD animorphic to SD letterboxed in one step, I downloaded and installed the new drivers. I'm in the middle of cutting a SD show in animorphic format and it would be nice to be able to ouput it without having to make a separate sequence for letterbox and render it.
The question? Just where is the setup to change this? In looking at the easy setups, I don't see this option. Where is it hidden? I give up.
Now on that note, I need to rebuild my favorites folder since I forgot that loading the Kona drivers would wipe out all my preferences along with my favorites folder. Shoot!
Now, if I could only remember where I stashed that backup copy of it...
Tom

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: SD animorphic to SD letterboxed-How to
on Oct 23, 2006 at 5:23:32 pm

By the way, running FCP 5.1.2 on a Quad G5 with a Kona 3 board. Trying to playback an anamorphic FCP SD sequence out thru the Kona 3 and have it letterboxed in SD out via SI to a Digibeta deck.
Thanks again.

Return to posts index

jpicune
on Oct 23, 2006 at 6:41:59 pm

It's a function of the Kona card not FCP. Open the Kona control panel app, go the the format tab and you will see the settings.

Jared Picune
Idea Spring Editing, Inc.
Denver Final Cut Pro UG
The Picune Blog | FCP Tips & Tricks

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Oct 23, 2006 at 7:09:19 pm

The problem is that I am attempting to play out of Final Cut thru the Kona 3 board. When FCP is selected as active it will override the Kona control panel settings. Is there a way to play SD out from FCP and do the letterbox conversion in real time?
Tom

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Oct 23, 2006 at 7:24:26 pm

It will not override the Kona settings. Set up your Kona control panel with the SD to SD conversion, flip back to FCP and away you go.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Oct 23, 2006 at 7:32:50 pm

Got it to work. Thank you. I had to go into the Kona control panel and select "secondary video" for SDI output#2. It works great. SDI output#1 is driving an Aja HDSDI to DVI converter which in turn drives a Dell 24" client monitor. I was just monitoring the wrong output. Oops.
Thanks again. This will save me a lot of time!
Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]