FORUMS: list search recent posts

VHS on AJA Kona LHe

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dopocc
VHS on AJA Kona LHe
on Oct 21, 2006 at 8:40:55 am

Hi everyone,

I am trying to capture VHS archival footage through the component analog inputs on a Kona LHe card, from a Panasonic DMR-ES35V DVD-R/VHS deck. My problem is that the picture on my capture window on FCP looks "kind" of inversed and very poor (although a feed from the same deck via component on a projector works perfectly). I have tried all available PAL easy setups on FCP5.1.2, but without any success. Does anyone know what could be the issue and a workaround? What about TBC?

Many thanks anyway : )

Billy Belegris
ONYX Inc.
DIgital Content Creation and Studio Services
Thiseio, Greece

Return to posts index

dopocc
Re: VHS on AJA Kona LHe
on Oct 21, 2006 at 10:15:12 am

Problem is now solved, I am already capturing 625i uncompressed 10bit for 45 minutes flawlessly so far.
Now the problem is that I don't know what the problem was and cannot repeat it... If anybody has encountered similar issues, please let me know..

Billy Belegris
ONYX Inc.
DIgital Content Creation and Studio Services
Thiseio, Greece

Return to posts index

Ron
by
on Oct 21, 2006 at 11:54:33 am

Software relaunch and hardware restarts solve a lot of litte weird things that may pop up. I guess you should be thankful you can't duplicate the issue.

On the DMR, you can get VHS out of the component? I have the 45 version of that deck and it only plays DVD out of that output. Any special setting, or is it automatic?

(or maybe its a PAL thing).

Ron

Return to posts index

dopocc
on Oct 21, 2006 at 5:02:54 pm

Thanks, and yeah, on second thought I hope this never duplicates!

As for the panasonic deck, the YPbPr out worked by default both for DVD and VHS and was also listed on the deck's tech specs.

Thanks again

Billy Belegris
ONYX Inc.
Digital Content Creation & Studio Services
Thiseio, Greece

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]