FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona LH audio out by 5+ frames

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jamie mac
Kona LH audio out by 5+ frames
on Oct 17, 2006 at 12:17:09 pm

I am using a Sony J30/SDI to capture DIgi beta source. I'm using a kona easy setup (8 bit uncompressed) but everytime i try and capture there is around a 5 frame delay in the audio. I can not only see it's out of sync while it's capturing but also when i lay the clip on my timeline and bring up the waveform it confirms that it is 5 frames out. I'm going SDI with embedded audio into a Kona LH. Any help would be greatfully received.

Cheers

Return to posts index

jamie mac
Re: Kona LH audio out by 5+ frames
on Oct 17, 2006 at 3:18:49 pm

Update - It was the tape that was out of sync. First time using the kona LH, think i put the blame to early on it.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Oct 17, 2006 at 3:38:58 pm

[jamie mac] "Update - It was the tape that was out of sync. First time using the kona LH, think i put the blame to early on it."

That's ok, always easy to blame the new thing in the lineup. Anytime I have a problem after a new install, I always look at the "new guy."

I was working on a show one time where the original camera tapes were in perfect sync, but the production house that did the daVinci color correction on selected shots managed to put the audio 3 frames ahead of video. Of course, they tried to blame my system (they run Avid's) but the engineer there finally found the problem on their end. Took almost two weeks of pointing back and forth with tons of aggravation on my end.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Return to posts index

jamie mac
on Oct 17, 2006 at 4:48:13 pm

Funny how people always try to blame so called lesser kit (FCP). I've been editing with Avids for the last 12 years but i can't ignore what's happening in the post industry. So looking forward to teaching myself new tricks on new kit. First impressions on FCP is awesome. See how it goes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]