FORUMS: list search recent posts

Left Channel Audio Distortion

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MediaBox
Left Channel Audio Distortion
on Oct 12, 2006 at 2:49:06 pm

Hi All, I just put together a LHe system a few weeks ago. Everything was working great. Yesterday however, the left audio channel on the analog out started terrible distortion. The right channel is clean. I'm running the analog outs into a mackie 1604vlz pro, then out to alesis powered studio monitors. Any thoughts? I've also noticed (since the system was new) that the output level is really hot. Is there a reason for this or a way to have more control over the level? The only thing I've seen in the Kona control panel is dropping it from +24 to +18. Is this it?

Thanks for any help,
John

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Left Channel Audio Distortion
on Oct 12, 2006 at 10:58:14 pm

there can be millions of reasons for this. Where are the "trim" controls on the Mackie 1604 - did the left channel on the mixer get "bumped". Are you going into the 1/4" jacks,or the XLR's - you need to go ONLY into the 1/4" Line input jacks. Did you accidentally plug into the inserts instead of the line inputs ?

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

MediaBox
on Oct 13, 2006 at 12:20:49 pm

Thanks for the input Bob. The problem has nothing to do with the Mackie board. It's the left channel coming out of the card. That has been isolated for sure. I simply mentioned the Mackie and monitors to let everyone know we're not trying to twist wires together with an old set of car speakers or some ridiculous thing and wondering why we have bad audio.

Thanks, John

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Oct 13, 2006 at 1:01:00 pm

I hate to sound like a broken record here, but I was on a system yesterday that was working fine, and all of a sudden, NO AUDIO out of the AJA. To make a long story short, after spending 20 minutes checking everything, I trashed the FCP preferences, and audio came back.
So, even if it's not the problem, if I was you, I would now start by trashing your FCP preferences.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

MediaBox
on Oct 13, 2006 at 2:07:15 pm

Good thought. But... already done it. No improvement.

Thanks again for your input.

John

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Oct 13, 2006 at 4:08:27 pm

Call AJA. Sounds like you have a bad card.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Osteen
on Dec 9, 2006 at 11:28:43 pm

Hey John,
Where's their any update to this problem? I just had the same thing happen to me.

John

John Osteen
DastardlyStudios.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]