FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unusual intermittent playback issue with Le? (sparse jittery video only through Kona output)

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Khashyar Darvich
Unusual intermittent playback issue with Le? (sparse jittery video only through Kona output)
on Oct 12, 2006 at 5:52:43 am

Hi Everyone,

Today, I am just noticing a strange issue with my KonaLe and a project on Final Cut Pro.

I am playing a 2 hour documentary film sequence, and when I get to one place on the timeline, one portion of one clip plays as jittery through my Kona to my Sony NTSC monitor, but that same clip plays fine on my FCP canvas.

And, the jittery video issue is only at one section of the clip, not with the entire digitized Quicktime clip.

When I output the playback to my DV deck, I can see through the small window monitor of my DSR-25 deck, that that same clip section that is jittery through the Kona also plays smoothly.

Basically, the few seconds of the digized clip plays jittery through my Kona to my ntsc monitor, but not on the FCP canvas or when outputted to my DV deck (via firewire).

I thought that it might be a currupted video file, but when I brought back a backup copy of the digitized file, I was having the same issue.

I would appreciate any thoughts or ideas.

Thanks,

Khashyar

Return to posts index

Khashyar Darvich
Re: Unusual intermittent playback issue with Le? (sparse jittery video only through Kona output)
on Oct 12, 2006 at 6:01:07 am

By the way, when I stop the timeline on the jittery section of the clip, the freeze frame is jittery, almost as if the video signal is being interfered with. When when I stop the timeline at a place on the same clip that playsback smoothly through the Kona, the freeze frame is still (with no jittering).

Thanks again for your feedback,

Khashyar

Return to posts index

Khashyar Darvich
Re: Unusual intermittent playback issue with Le? (sparse jittery video only through Kona output)
on Oct 12, 2006 at 6:29:18 am

Well, I redigitized the same clip again, and the same jittery playback issue occurs during that one 13 second section of the clip, even though that 13 sec. portion plays fine on the canvas and on the DSR-25 mini playback monitor.

I know that the audio on the tape was recorded at 12bit 4 channel audio, and my project default is 16 bit audio... that shouldn't cause the video to only play jittery during that one 13 second section, should it?

Khashyar

Return to posts index

Khashyar Darvich
on Oct 14, 2006 at 3:54:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just in case anyone was experiencing the same issue:

I installed the new Kona 3.2 software upgrade, and the stuttering issue on that one part of the clip is gone.

So, it seems that there was either something corrupted in the Kon 3.1 drivers that I had, or there was some issue that was fixed with the 3.2 release.

It was a strange problem, but I'm glad that it appears to be resolved now.

Khashyar

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]